Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been on here for a little while, and since the Ridgeline was a concept truck (I've even got the original SUT concept brochure :D ) I've wanted one. Now with the prices I am seeing posted, I may be closer to actually owning one than I think. The question I pose is, do you think it would be possible to get an RTL/NAVI/Moon Roof with fogs as the only accessory, along with trading in my 2001 (rare color Electron Blue Pearl) Prelude SH, on which I still owe $7500 down to near 25K range? I've got my wife to agree that if I can get it for 25K, we could do the payments. Maybe if someone from a dealership reads this, they may be able to give me some advice. I know and expect most are going to respond, just go to the dealer and find out. I'd rather get an idea of what you think is possible, or If I'll just hafta wait a little longer to get the Prelude paid down some more. I'd rather not go to a dealer and tease myself if there is no chance.:( Let me know what you think.

Thanks

·
Registered
218 Posts
Why torture yourself? Just go to the dealer and see what kind of deal you'll get. I'd wait until the end of the month when they're more willing to cut a deal and make their monthly quota.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Do what I do. Send an e-mail to many dealerships in your area. How far you are willing to travel is up to you. Include in your e-mail what you have, what you want, and also list the other dealerships you are sending this e-mail to. I treat this kind of like lendingtree.com. Let the dealerships fight for your sale. I even bring in the responses from other dealerships when negotiating. It can take some time, but look at it this way.......if it takes you 5 hours to do all of this and you save $500 to $1000, that is a pretty good hourly wage!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nevadagarth said:
Do what I do. Send an e-mail to many dealerships in your area. How far you are willing to travel is up to you. Include in your e-mail what you have, what you want, and also list the other dealerships you are sending this e-mail to. I treat this kind of like lendingtree.com. Let the dealerships fight for your sale. I even bring in the responses from other dealerships when negotiating. It can take some time, but look at it this way.......if it takes you 5 hours to do all of this and you save $500 to $1000, that is a pretty good hourly wage!
Thats not a bad idea... Hey, what can it hurt. Also less pressure to purchase through email and that way I also don't go absolutely crazy after test driving one, at the same time spending too much and having an angry wife :rolleyes:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am paying invoice for mine and that was with calling/emailing about 12 dealerships and a serious amount if dickering, also locking in my price over a month ago.

That being said, if your car is in absolutely perfect shape with low miles and all the options trade in is about 12K, not that any dealer ever gives you what a car is really worth, but if they were feeling good that day and did you would net about 4500 toward the Ridgeline.

With the invoice being 31164 for that model plus another 700 (min. retail price a dealer will charge) for the foglights that puts you at almost 32000.

Take the equity you have on your trade and you are at 27500, a couple grand short of your 25k goal.

Unfortunately here in the north eastern part of the country this is the wrong time of year to be buying a truck or anything all wheel drive, a few months ago you might have been able to get closer to your price but now that dealers won't have much trouble moving these things it might be tough. Good luck though and rock on if you make it happen!!!

Just my .02 cents worth (please don't burn me for bad math, it's never been my thing :) )

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jays0n said:
I am paying invoice for mine and that was with calling/emailing about 12 dealerships and a serious amount if dickering, also locking in my price over a month ago.

That being said, if your car is in absolutely perfect shape with low miles and all the options trade in is about 12K, not that any dealer ever gives you what a car is really worth, but if they were feeling good that day and did you would net about 4500 toward the Ridgeline.

With the invoice being 31164 for that model plus another 700 (min. retail price a dealer will charge) for the foglights that puts you at almost 32000.

Take the equity you have on your trade and you are at 27500, a couple grand short of your 25k goal.

Unfortunately here in the north eastern part of the country this is the wrong time of year to be buying a truck or anything all wheel drive, a few months ago you might have been able to get closer to your price but now that dealers won't have much trouble moving these things it might be tough. Good luck though and rock on if you make it happen!!!

Just my .02 cents worth (please don't burn me for bad math, it's never been my thing :) )

I won't correct your math, as mine is not any better :D I was also thinking about the manufacture to dealer 1000 incentive that is through the end of the year, which would bring it that much closer. My bank also offers a program where I pay 100.00, I give them the vehicle I want to buy and they tell me the invoice price (which is what I pay), and they tell me where to buy it. no hassels. The only problem with that is they will definately try to kill me on the trade in value to recoup their costs.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah, the trade in is going to kill you, selling it is always an option, those things have a decent tuner following don't they?

·
Registered
459 Posts
When I bought my RTL there was no haggling price, no incentives, $32,200.00 for the base RTL package . The dealer said Honda will not budge on the price or offer cash back nothing. However , once I sighned th epaper work I did get a key chain and pen set.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jays0n said:
Yeah, the trade in is going to kill you, selling it is always an option, those things have a decent tuner following don't they?

Yeah they do, I've seen them going from anywhere around 12-16K Just without the title in hand (bank owned), it tends to sway possible buyers away.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay, sorry to keep bringing this thread to the top. But I just found out that the guy that I bought my Prelude from back in 2001 still works for the same dealership. Although its a further drive than it used to be (I moved), I called him and he agreed he could get me the RTL/Navi for their cost, then also minus the 1000 Manufacture to dealer incentive. Stating that, from what I've gathered, I'm going from edmunds numbers, the dealer invoice is 31,164 than minus 1000, would be 30,164. Are these acurate numbers, and if that is the given price, is that something to jump on? If anyone has seen any other numbers for the rtl/navi, please let me know so I can print that information out to take with me. I am probably going up to talk to him thursday afternoon.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I actually went here and that discount was only on the RT, at least it only was about a month ago. I actually used to work there when I was in college, still no deal for me on an RTL with navi.

brotherc20 said:
check out www.berlincity.com for some pricing on the ridgeline..$4900 off sticker..print it out and take with you when trying to make a deal..good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts