Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the dealership where i change my oil uses quaker state. the toyota dealership where my wife has her "free" oil changes uses quaker state. i recall quite a few years ago q.s. supposedly had a problem with sludge build up or something like that. Do yall know anything about quaker state oils? i sure liked the fact that we didn't have to pay for oil changes on my wifes car but im nervous about the quaker state. i checked the oil website vertrk and shortspark had mentioned but got complete "tired head" and didn't find much about that particular oil. I sure would appreciate legitament input from you folks if you have any.:eek:

L

·
0 Posts
Quaker Steak And Lube Is A Great Place To Eat. We're Gonna Eat There Saturday. Want To Join Us??

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
It more depends on the engine design than the oil for the most part. Some Toyota engines and VW engines from a few years ago have a history of sludge to name a few. Never heard of any problems with Honda engines and sludge. To play it safe very safe I use a true synthetic that uses a group IV base stock like Mobile 1, Amsoil, Redline... Some other brands can legally brand themselves as fully synthetic but actually they are not because the law makers were not informed, did not take take the time to investigate, they are actually a blend of dino and sythentic. Bottom line is with the Ridge you are probably just fine using any brand name oil if you follow the oil monitor recommendation. Like Cismo, I like to play it safe and use a fully synthetic oil and a quality filter to give myself a big saftey factor in case something goes wrong like my water pump going out and so forth so I can drive the extra distrance before a catastropic failure occurs. I use Moble 1 EP oil and filter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts