Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally convinced myself that a Ridgeline is going to be my next truck and that the 2020 RTL AWD is the specific model I want. Unfortunately this spec doesn't seem to exist outside the build configurator on Honda's website. I haven't been able to find this configuration available for purchase anywhere.

Anyone have any insight as to why this might be? Have they just been out of stock the past couple months due to factory shutdown? Are dealers simply more interested in stocking and upselling the higher spec models? Has anyone seen a 2020 RTL AWD?

Wondering if I should keep waiting or compromise on what I want and decide between Sport and RTL-E.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have one but it's FWD. Love it though and I think features and price make the RTL the 2020 sweet spot. Honda sensing, leather and touch screen make this a real value.
PS I had to drive 2 hours from my house to find it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I finally convinced myself that a Ridgeline is going to be my next truck and that the 2020 RTL AWD is the specific model I want. Unfortunately this spec doesn't seem to exist outside the build configurator on Honda's website. I haven't been able to find this configuration available for purchase anywhere.

Anyone have any insight as to why this might be? Have they just been out of stock the past couple months due to factory shutdown? Are dealers simply more interested in stocking and upselling the higher spec models? Has anyone seen a 2020 RTL AWD?

Wondering if I should keep waiting or compromise on what I want and decide between Sport and RTL-E.
Just a suggestion to get the E because of it's superior headlights. There is a word of difference in the headlight performance between all trims below the E/BE.

·
Administrator
14,930 Posts
Cargurus.com currently lists 4,023 new 2020 Ridgelines for sale. Only 31 (0.08%) of those are RTL AWD. 3,686 (92%) are RTL-E. So, the RTL AWD exists, but it's incredibly rare.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the pointer to CarGurus.com zrodger73. I tried every car finder site I could think of came up empty.
CarGurus at least shows me there are SOME available. Once I filtered my preferences further to black interior and black or grey exterior that number dropped to just two listings for the whole country. :(

·
Registered
374 Posts
Cargurus.com currently lists 4,023 new 2020 Ridgelines for sale. Only 31 (0.08%) of those are RTL AWD. 3,686 (92%) are RTL-E. So, the RTL AWD exists, but it's incredibly rare.
Where do you find these (ALL THESE) stats. LOL

I am getting this mental image of a guy in a basement.... dim lighting, glaring computer screen(s) working feverishly to know all there is to know about Honda and the Ridgeline... NO wait, you know everything about all Honda models. You're probably splitting your time between ROC and Mazda Owners Club(s).
Always great to get the straight scoop on all things through YOU. LOL

Reactions: zroger73

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Administrator
14,930 Posts
Haha! Well, we don't have basements here in Texas, but I DO like dim lighting, glaring computer screens, and staying on the top floor of hotels. :) I have a penchant for collecting data and checking facts.

I haven't spent nearly as much time on the Mazda forums - I seem to enjoy driving them more than learning or talking about them. Something similar happened when I switched from PCs to Macs years ago - I used to enjoy building PCs, upgrading them, fixing them, selling them, and talking about them. After buying my first Mac, I found little need to upgrade or repair anything. The look, feel, and reliability actually made me enjoy using a computer more than learning how it worked. There's something about Mazda that has filled a vacuum that Honda hasn't been able to fill in a long time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New Guy here.Hey Braddo, Picked up an RTL AWD in Oshkosh Wi. today. Modern Steel /Black. Dealer found it in Illinois, Found 3 more in Wis, couple in Mich. Built 3/20 just before shutdown. Dealers tell me more coming, just started building when shutdown happened. MSRP $39.940 selling price $35,137. Good Luck be patient.

·
Super Moderator
5,361 Posts
Haha! Well, we don't have basements here in Texas, but I DO like dim lighting, glaring computer screens, and staying on the top floor of hotels. :) I have a penchant for collecting data and checking facts.

I haven't spent nearly as much time on the Mazda forums - I seem to enjoy driving them more than learning or talking about them. Something similar happened when I switched from PCs to Macs years ago - I used to enjoy building PCs, upgrading them, fixing them, selling them, and talking about them. After buying my first Mac, I found little need to upgrade or repair anything. The look, feel, and reliability actually made me enjoy using a computer more than learning how it worked. There's something about Mazda that has filled a vacuum that Honda hasn't been able to fill in a long time.
That's certainly an interesting perspective, @zroger73. Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
374 Posts

I went with "Apple" when they were called Macintosh. Gone back and forth for a machine or two, but seems like it's only been Apple. Now its everything Apple, iMac, iPhone, iPad Pro, Air Buds.

Not many if any basements here, we are surrounded by water!

Reactions: zroger73

·
Registered
142 Posts
I just picked up a 2020 2 weeks ago. They had just taken it off the truck. Date of manufacture is May 2020. RTL-E. So they are making them again.

·
Registered
628 Posts
"There's something about Mazda that has filled a vacuum that Honda hasn't been able to fill in a long time."
Zroger, what are you thinking? 626, Cx, MX-5, what are you getting from Mazda, comfort, road feel, simplicity? Just curious and appreciate your insights. Thanks

·
Administrator
14,930 Posts
Zroger, what are you thinking? 626, Cx, MX-5, what are you getting from Mazda, comfort, road feel, simplicity? Just curious and appreciate your insights. Thanks
A light, nimble, responsive feel. Precise tolerances. High quality materials that look and feel good. Accurate steering. A different "new-car" aroma. Quiet cabins - objectively so in the CX-5 and unexpectedly low in the MX-5. Good assembly quality and attention to detail.

I think John McElroy's recent comment sums it up pretty well: "...If Mazda could only figure out a way to put butts in seats and get car shoppers to take a test drive, they sell a lot more."

·
Registered
5 Posts
To me, Mazda makes some right-sized vehicles. We went from a Ford Windstar to a Mazda MPV -- more than a foot shorter and 4" narrower. Then in 2009 we traded that in for a Mazda5 -- even smaller, but could still sit 6 people or carry a loveseat. Mazda stopped making them in 2015, so in 2016 I traded in my 2009 for a new 2015. I expect that will stay up in MA, when I can get a RL to help with the 9 acres in WNC.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts