Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sigh. Very disappointed with this. My 2 main gripes about this awesome truck continue to be:
1. Lower ground clearance than a regular Subaru Outback (HONDA: at least match this !!!!! come on!)
2. No front or rear tow hooks for easy recovery (i can solve the rear with tow hitch adapter, but front is a challenge still unresolved.... I'm not an engineer but a screw-in tow hook would be acceptable)

I'm going to be removing the 2" lift kit tomorrow as the adjustable ball joint required for proper camber is just not safe for towing or light off roading (came loose yet again). My yearly trip off light off roading will be a bit more challenging next year. I still think I can make it but it sucks to have less clearance than a freaking Outback!
Just curious, what 2 inch lift were you using? I'm looking to get one for the front and back and Traxda makes the only one that I'm aware of that has camber adjustment built-in to its kit. So, I am definitely going to go with them as they seem to have done the most work for the Ridgeline--owner of Traxda has a Ridgeline so there's incentive there!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Okay, just my opinion here, and I do not mean it as criticism regarding what any of you desire. It seems like a lot off folks want the Ridgeline to be an off-road truck, with high ground clearance and rugged rock-climbing capabilities - nothing wrong with that. But if that's what you expected when you bought it, well, you quite simply bought the wrong truck. The Ridgeline is not an off-road truck - it is a suburban truck for doing the stuff most people really need. A truck for folks who don't need a big ridiculous truck to compensate for their manhood issues. You can raise it up, put on some massive "bull bar", or fit some massive off-road tires to it, but in the end it is still going to be a suburban hauler - basically an SUV that is actually usable as a truck, an SUV with a big-ass trunk. It is what it is, and what it does is better than any of the"off-road" trucks can do. Don't get sucked in on the whole "it ain't a real truck" crap - it does more than those alleged "real trucks" can do in the environment for which it is intended. Accept it for what it is, enjoy it for what it does better than those other trucks (ride, handling, AWD vs. crude 4WD, that in-bed trunk, superior fuel mileage) and enjoy it.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts