Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would really like to see this come to the market.
Unfortunately, GFC has written me saying that they do not fit (or plan to fit) the current RL. One other maker, Snap Tree House, lists that they have a fit for the 2nd Gen RL. Since I'm still! a RL wanna be, and am predicating my ownership on acquiring a shell/roof top tent, I quizzed the STH folks about the fit/box attaching points with no real confidence. And they have no pictures! Now with a majority of my anticipated camping events canceled or postponed due to the Corona Virus, I'm hunkering down.

·
Premium Member
1,993 Posts
This is a response from Go Fast Campers that I got when I asked when would a camper be available for the second-generation Ridgeline. I think they are putting out contradictory information.

Thanks for reaching out. We should be able to take order for that whenever you are ready. You can put down your deposit on the website. We are booking out for Feb 2021 and then there's a 12 week production time. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Beth
Team GFC
[email protected]

·
Registered
2019 RTL-T Forest Mist Metallic
579 Posts
This is a response from Go Fast Campers that I got when I asked when would a camper be available for the second-generation Ridgeline. I think they are putting out contradictory information.

Thanks for reaching out. We should be able to take order for that whenever you are ready. You can put down your deposit on the website. We are booking out for Feb 2021 and then there's a 12 week production time. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Beth
Team GFC
[email protected]
Collecting money in advance for a product they have never produced? Beware!

·
Premium Member
1,993 Posts
They show welded brackets for another truck, so I think that design would work to tie into threaded captive nuts already in the Ridgeline bed walls. That and the tie-down anchors would make a stout connection.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Agreed. And perhaps using a pair of channel rails as used for tonneau attaching, as another member has suggested, to spread out the clamping load and utilize the GFC style brackets. Another area of concern would be a weather tight cap seal across the sill at the front of the Ridgeline bed and clear the rear window sail panels. I'll wait and see.

·
Premium Member
1,993 Posts
Here is the latest email from GFC.

Hi John,
Sorry for the delay as there was some back and forth on this with our design team. Due to certain design limitations, we don't currently have plans to build campers for the Ridgeline, unfortunately. Should that change we will reach back out to you.

The other option would be to outfit it with a rack and one of our rooftop tents. That set up though not the same as a camper provides a lot of great benefits. Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Beth

Team GFC
[email protected]

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here is the latest email from GFC.

Hi John,
Sorry for the delay as there was some back and forth on this with our design team. Due to certain design limitations, we don't currently have plans to build campers for the Ridgeline, unfortunately. Should that change we will reach back out to you.

The other option would be to outfit it with a rack and one of our rooftop tents. That set up though not the same as a camper provides a lot of great benefits. Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Beth

Team GFC
[email protected]
That, Farther, is more in line with what I was told. Thanks for inquiring.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Lol. Yep. Check out Hiatus Campers. They are building one for our G2 Awd Ridgeline.
Thanks for the info! I saw their personal build earlier, and was impressed. It's genius! Now that they're producing to order for owners of G2 Ridgelines, I'll have to get in line. Keep us posted as you approach your build.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts