Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I own a 2009 Honda Ridgeline RTL with bluetooth and navigation. My stock navigation, xm radio, and 6 disc CD changer was stolen. After buying a replacement OEM Navigation, xm radio, and 6 disc changer I am discovering that I am a couple of plugs short. There is nothing to connect to the CD changer. I am wondering if there is some sort of adapter that connects from the CD deck to the Nav, or some sort of plug that would not be in the wiring harness that connects between the decks. Yes the RTL had factory nav, and no there are not any plugs that were Ripped out when stolen. The people who stole it actually unplugged everything.

I was wondering if someone could take pictures of their factory nav, cd, xm being removed. I took it to the delarship and they ran the VIN saying there should not have been a problem and everything should just plug in. They wanted me to pay for them to find an 09 rtl and take it apart to see what was missing. They are idiots and I have exhausted various internet searches.

Any information you could provide would be very helpful!

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
Jeez.. well it was nice of them not to cut cables. I guess they did it for resale.

If you have or can get the factory service manual you will be able to get a better idea of what cable you need. Various part dealers on the internet have drawings for all the systems. You would be able to see what cable part number(s) you need.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...VI)&catcgry4=KA5AT&catcgry5=NAVIGATION+SYSTEM

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate your post, I will definitely look into getting a factory service manual. It was incredibly frustrating to see that even the Honda dealership could not figure it out.

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,809 Posts
I appreciate your post, I will definitely look into getting a factory service manual. It was incredibly frustrating to see that even the Honda dealership could not figure it out.
PM me you email address and I will send you the relevent portion of the service manual.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys for helping me get the service manual. Currently I have figured out that I am missing the Audio Disc Changer connector A 18 pin connector for the CD changer. I have no idea how to isolate and order this one "Shielded harness" as it must have been ripped out when they stole it (as I assumed because they unplugged everything). I may have to go the "Replace the entire harness route". I suppose I could try to get an after market one, but I already have a complete factory replacement. It is either that or plug in what works and not use the cd and aux any more. Would make a neat "Hide away pocket" if I removed the cd changer.

Anyone have some ideas on what to do next? Is it difficult to Create your own harness?

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,809 Posts
I think you have a couple of options.

One is go speak to the Honda parts guy at you dealer (when he is not so busy). They have detailed diagrams and may be able to give you a part number and manufacturer for the connector you need. I did this once for the green connector behind the Aux Input in the cubby. The parts guy told me it was made by Scosche, and that a Scosche retailer may be able to get me one.

Next look for someone who is parting out a Ridgeline, or someone who removed the stock HU and installed an after market Head Unit with out using that connector.

I would also call Crutchfield and see if they have a harness that would work.

Or ebay for Honda harness or connectors...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=honda+radio+connector

Good Luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like I will be looking for a parted out RTL, the Dealer was unable to tell me what connector I am missing. Even though I am able to show him what it looks like from the tech manual. This has been an odd endeavor as you would think I am not the only one who would need to replace an RTL nav.

Once Again I appreciate all of your imput!! Thank you for your help!

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,809 Posts
I guess any 18pin male /female connector combo would work. As long as you have to solder the vehicle side you could cut and re-do the CD/Nav unit connector as well. I think a trip to the 'U pull-it parts center' is in your future.
What about this....Car Y-Harness Cable For 09 Honda/Acura Navigation CD Changer

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had looked into that Y harness as well. However it will not work due to extra wires needed. I have to narrow those down specifically.
It would appear that the 18 pin that runs to the cd player, hosts 2 cords that goes to the navigation, and I believe the other 14 go to the audio deck. Once I can figure out which travel to each spot I may be able to either make my own. I am getting closer as I was finally able to see what the connections look like, and that it is possible to just remove these connectors from a used harness without having to solder or cut and rewire anything. Now I just have to find one. I called around texas and apparently it is a common practice to scrap the harnesses for copper. Closest one I could find was Illinois for which they are not willing to send. Still on the hunt, but making progress.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts