Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so ,please answer these questions

1. Did Honda do the install
2. Do you have this installed in the NAVI ( do you have navigation system)
3. Does it show any details of the song that is playing in the NAV screen
4. Is there an AUX tab up where XM1/XM2/FM1.. etc

Can you provide photos?

Thanks

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
**BUMP**

Man, this is hard to believe. I am dying to know the amswers to my questions.

I called Honda, and of course, thy never called back.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I don't know for sure but I don't think you can get it with the Nav. In the pictures I've seen of it, it replaces the small storage pocket under the radio. Navs don't have this pocket so I don't know where it would install.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You talkaing about that thing that says " Not an ashtray" Casue I have NAV and I have that. The MP3 would fit nicely there, just want to knw that it will display artist info

·
Registered
146 Posts
DWdrums said:
You talkaing about that thing that says " Not an ashtray" Casue I have NAV and I have that. The MP3 would fit nicely there, just want to knw that it will display artist info
Sorry. There isn't any room behind the Not An Ashtray (NAA). The air ducts that go to the rear seats are directly behind the NAA. I have my whole center console pulled out right now to do an install of a remote display for my MP3 Jukebox. I am stuffing the display in the NAA itself. Here's a pic of the center console with the front removed..

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kd4z said:
Sorry. There isn't any room behind the Not An Ashtray (NAA). The air ducts that go to the rear seats are directly behind the NAA. I have my whole center console pulled out right now to do an install of a remote display for my MP3 Jukebox. I am stuffing the display in the NAA itself. Here's a pic of the center console with the front removed..
SH________________________T Well there goes my idea of mounting a All-In-One Reader/PLayer there. Thanks for posting that You saved me a ton of time

I would say at this pint, my only choice is to install it in the slider arm rest storage area

I'm going to put 2 headrest screen in the back and the player can be below me,. I need acced to it

·
Registered
15 Posts
somewhat modified questions from the orignal poster. I have a non-NAVI system (RTL/SR) and am very interested in the MP3 player. A friend of mine got the infinity G35 and it also has a 6 CD in dash CD changer...but his plays MP3's as well...I really wish the honda RL did the same. Otherwise..I'll have a total of 7 CD's in the front (2 slots) in what could be a waste of space.

1. Did Honda do the install? did you do the install? anybody buy it off of H & A?
2. Do you have this installed in the NON-NAVI. Does it show any details of the song that is playing in the stereo screen?
4. does it show up when the cd/aux button is pressed?
5. Can you provide photos?
6. anybody tapped into the AUxilliary jack to have an "input" for and MP3 player such as an iPod.

I couldn't justify the additional 2K for the navi system and the aux-input above the glove box (that I really wanted...more than the navi system:))

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lowrider said:
somewhat modified questions from the orignal poster. I have a non-NAVI system (RTL/SR) and am very interested in the MP3 player. A friend of mine got the infinity G35 and it also has a 6 CD in dash CD changer...but his plays MP3's as well...I really wish the honda RL did the same. Otherwise..I'll have a total of 7 CD's in the front (2 slots) in what could be a waste of space.

1. Did Honda do the install? did you do the install? anybody buy it off of H & A?
2. Do you have this installed in the NON-NAVI. Does it show any details of the song that is playing in the stereo screen?
4. does it show up when the cd/aux button is pressed?
5. Can you provide photos?
6. anybody tapped into the AUxilliary jack to have an "input" for and MP3 player such as an iPod.

I couldn't justify the additional 2K for the navi system and the aux-input above the glove box (that I really wanted...more than the navi system:))

Man, no one here has thi installed. I am blown away and sad too. I am still watching this thread. Thanks all

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just had the Mp3 player installed by the dealer. I have the 6 cd player which wasn't affected by the mp3 player. So now there are two players. One for cd audio and one for the mp3 disks. Pushing the Aux button to access it and the display shows CDP. On a disk with 10 directories, one for each album, the player treats each directory as a separate disc. In other words to change or I should say scroll through the directories you press the change cd buttons on the 6 disk player. The root directory is disc 1 and each sub directory is disc 2, 3, etc. If you just let it play, it will play through all directories, but if you use the channel button on the streering wheel or track button it only scrolls through the current directory. Big downside, for a $500 option product, there's no ID3 tag info. I forgot to ask dealer about a jack for plugging in a mp3 jukebox which I didn't get but would like to have. Anybody have info on that? Note in the photo I had 4 audio cds loaded in the top slot and a mp3 disc in the bottom playing the 5th directory which shows up as disc 6. Makes sense to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FreeRidge said:
I just had the Mp3 player installed by the dealer. I have the 6 cd player which wasn't affected by the mp3 player. So now there are two players. One for cd audio and one for the mp3 disks. Pushing the Aux button to access it and the display shows CDP. On a disk with 10 directories, one for each album, the player treats each directory as a separate disc. In other words to change or I should say scroll through the directories you press the change cd buttons on the 6 disk player. The root directory is disc 1 and each sub directory is disc 2, 3, etc. If you just let it play, it will play through all directories, but if you use the channel button on the streering wheel or track button it only scrolls through the current directory. Big downside, for a $500 option product, there's no ID3 tag info. I forgot to ask dealer about a jack for plugging in a mp3 jukebox which I didn't get but would like to have. Anybody have info on that? Note in the photo I had 4 audio cds loaded in the top slot and a mp3 disc in the bottom playing the 5th directory which shows up as disc 6. Makes sense to me.

Thanks a million for posting this. I recieved a call back from Honda. She stated that the MP3 will NOT display information on the NAV screen. This just blows my mind.

Thanks again for posting this bro.

·
Registered
121 Posts
dwdrums: If you already have the Navi, it might be a better investment to not spend the $500 on the MP3 player, but rather buy an iPod for about $200 and plug it into the aux input above the glovebox. Just a thought.

I got my RL from an auction, so I didn't get too many options. I made sure I got the color I wanted (Silver), and sacrificed the Navi with the aux input. I didn't care much for the Navi, but really wanted a place to plug in my iPod. Next month, I'm planning on replacing my entire stock HU for a navi/DVD player with iPod interface for less than $1k. This is a better deal than the $2500 Honda OEM.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
The Honda MP3 accessory is possibly the most ridiculously (over)priced piece of electronics on the planet. Worse than Bose anything. I cannot believe anyone would pay what Honda asks for it. You can replace the factory non-NAV headunit with a better one for less than the cost of the MP3 player.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts