Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a couple of questions as we close on the RTL:

1/ we are thinking of buying a Ridgeline (Silver, RTL w./ NAV) and driving down to Canada first and then Mexico for 2 months. does anyone know if the Ridgeline DVD NAV system covers Mexico roads and other information?

2/ do the rear seats recline? i know they fold but do they move back/forth?

3/ we were thinking of getting the Tonneau cover as well ($1K ouch) - any experience with this accessory?

thanks.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
palo-alto said:
a couple of questions as we close on the RTL:

1/ we are thinking of buying a Ridgeline (Silver, RTL w./ NAV) and driving down to Canada first and then Mexico for 2 months. does anyone know if the Ridgeline DVD NAV system covers Mexico roads and other information?

2/ do the rear seats recline? i know they fold but do they move back/forth?

3/ we were thinking of getting the Tonneau cover as well ($1K ouch) - any experience with this accessory?

thanks.
1. Don't have the nav
2. No, they don't. But it has a nice fold down center arm rest with cup holders.
3. The OEM cover is the only lockable one I believe.

·
Registered
51 Posts
1. If you buy the Canadian Navigation DVD (which is sold seperately) you will have full coverage of Canada. Currently there is no CD for Mexico that I have seen.

2. What Tex's Ridge said.....

3. I like the OEM version..It could be improved though...Good over all..No experieces with after market tonneau covers.

·
Registered
363 Posts
From hondanavi.com:

Coverage for Canada includes all major metropolitan cities and interconnecting roads within approximately 100 miles of the U.S.-Canada border.

A complete listing of Canadian coverage is available online at: www.acuranavi.com or www.hondanavi.com.

If coverage for northern Canada is required, a white-labeled "Canada" DVD is available. To purchase this edition, contact the DVD Fulfillment Center at 1-888-549-3798 for Acura or 1-888-291-4675 for Honda.

Coverage for Mexico is not provided by the system.

Note: When traveling in Canada, the driver should select kilometers for units. This will allow map units and voice guidance to agree with the posted signage.
In regards to the OEM Tonneau Cover, I personally was not impressed with it. It does provide protection for the bed, but it severely limits it's use when installed. I think you will be better off saving your money and buying a Retrax or another tonneau cover that is better designed and allows better funtionality. But that's just my two pennies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts