Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Mine is the same as yours. All I have is the rubber seal around the outer edge.
LadyRidge :)

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
On most cars that cloth is acoustic insulation. This truck is so quiet I guess they figured it didn't need it!

·
Registered
774 Posts
vertrkr said:
It just hit me all my other cars have that black insulation cloth covering most of the underside of the hood. My truck has nothing clipped to the hood at all, all bare metal. Wondering if they forgot to install it on mine.

This was an obvious cost cutting measure by Honda. My wife's '04 Accord has a hood lining and so should the RL. By the way, my wife's '04 Accord also has gas struts to hold up the hood. It's very frustrating that a $33K vehicle comes with a hood prop. Don't get me wrong- I love my RL (other than the creaking steering wheel)- It's just too bad that Honda saw the need to cut corners wherever possible.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just checked mine and it is just painted steel. :confused:

·
Registered
897 Posts
Some Dynamat would go nicely under there - but I can't help think "if it needed it, why wouldn't honda have done it already?" ;)

·
Registered
774 Posts
denvrfan said:
This was an obvious cost cutting measure by Honda. My wife's '04 Accord has a hood lining and so should the RL. By the way, my wife's '04 Accord also has gas struts to hold up the hood. It's very frustrating that a $33K vehicle comes with a hood prop. Don't get me wrong- I love my RL (other than the creaking steering wheel)- It's just too bad that Honda saw the need to cut corners wherever possible.
My wife's Pilot $34,000 has the hood prop too. I scratch my head sometimes with Honda. How can they be so good and so bad @ the same time?

·
Registered
964 Posts
bonerep said:
My wife's Pilot $34,000 has the hood prop too. I scratch my head sometimes with Honda. How can they be so good and so bad @ the same time?
My question still is why can the Accord have power passenger seat yet the Ridgeline doesn't. That's silly too. :(

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Apparently the bean counters hold sway at Honda, too.

·
Registered
65 Posts
They figured it ran cool and could, withthout the insulation, melt the snow, or it was so quiet without it that they figured "why waste good insulation". Cmon folks...Look at the positives here.
D

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
My wife's Accord has a light for the vanity mirror (Driverside) RL doesn't, maybe bc it sildes out?

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I think dsnove has a point. I have put my hand on the hood just after driving and it was quite cool, but it was a cool day. But if the hood stays cool enough to not have a problem with engine heat and the insulation is not needed for noise reduction, which IMHO it isn't, why add the extra weight to an already fairly porky RL.

·
Registered
149 Posts
My RL doesn't have hood insulation nor does the 02 Odyssey. Both have a prop rod. I do wish there was an underhood light though.

As a reference, my 79 MGB doesn't have hood insulation or a light either. It does have a strut of sorts, but you would have to have had a british car to understand it's failings.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
As a reference, my 79 MGB doesn't have hood insulation or a light either. It does have a strut of sorts, but you would have to have had a british car to understand it's failings.
Having had a few British cars, I do understand their failings, both the car and the struts. I'm not sure that the oil shortage is not a direct result of the British deciding to build cars in the last century. And don't get me started on the Prince of Darkness, Mr. Lucas. :D Still loving racing them though.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Anyone with an old Camaro knows why you like a hood prop over struts. THey get weak and fail to hold it open. Nothing like bbeing under the hood holding it up with your head. It is a maintance longevity issue. I think they do it right as these cars/trucks are on the road a long time.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
dboz said:
Anyone with an old Camaro knows why you like a hood prop over struts. THey get weak and fail to hold it open. Nothing like bbeing under the hood holding it up with your head. It is a maintance longevity issue. I think they do it right as these cars/trucks are on the road a long time.
I'd still rather have the struts. They can be replaced as well and should not be too expensive as they are so common.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts