Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo -

my new Denso radiator arrived today. I got it off Rock Auto, and it was the ‘best seller’ one. Just over 150.

I opened it to inspect the radiator because I’ve read posts here about them coming damaged. I’m not mechanically inclined, so I’m posting here to ask for advice.

Does this look damaged/ should I call customer service? any advice is much appreciated. I got new hoses and clamps and coolant ready to go, just want to make sure this radiator looks ok.

The bent fins don’t concern me as much as the dent. Unfortunately ‘denso radiator arrived dented’ yields no google results.

Thanks!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I say contact the sender about your concern. No sense in paying money for damaged merch.

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
Plastics do not dent like that, it would have cracked if that is the case.
I had to look at OEM pictures online, and that bevel is present on OEM radiator.

If I am looking at the wrong 'dent', then please point me to it. The fins look good to me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow. Dang... I really appreciate you going to that length to show me that. I actually already returned it, because I thought the dent was legit. I tried googling if the dent was legit or not - but honestly didn't think about just looking for images. I was still concerned about the amount of dented fins.. Will that be the case on any radiator (expecting replacement one this week)

Thanks again, thats really cool of you.

Plastics do not dent like that, it would have cracked if that is the case.
I had to look at OEM pictures online, and that bevel is present on OEM radiator.

If I am looking at the wrong 'dent', then please point me to it. The fins look good to me.

View attachment 399715
View attachment 399716

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
No worries. When I got mine from RockAuto, it looked similar to yours, but with less of the bent fins. I just used a pick to straighten them out and it was fine. That was over 3 years ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts