Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is amazing how stiff the chassis is on these trucks. I live on a one lane road, when I get home every day I pull up into my neighbors drive way before backing into mine. Their driveway is quite steep, almost every time I wind up lifting a leg, usually the right rear. I thought the truck felt a little funny when I stopped, yesterday I got out of the truck to check it out. I could teeter the truck between on the right front and the left rear alternating lifting the left front and right rear off the ground. Nice to know you don't need a jack to change tires.
I used to be able to do that with a Mini Cooper I used to autocross, the back was stiff enough you could roll one rear wheel up on a curb and both rears would come off the ground.

I have made this manuver in my company truck a 1994 Ford F150, the frame flexs and twists you can see the bed way out of alignment all the wheels stay on the ground, this may be good for rock crawling, but the stiff chassis shure makes the Honda handle nice and gives it a solid feel.

Steve

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I would love to see a picture of this!

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
I second that. A picture would be cool (and it is worth a thousand words so it would save you some typing :D ).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts