Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,791 Posts
WET OKOLE has a cover for that...

We have a special offer for you!

Get 15% off on your new set of seat covers!

Thank you for being a loyal Wet Okole Hawaii customer, to show our appreciation, we are giving you an exclusive price-off offer when you order from Wet Okole Hawaii. If you can make your purchase by March 17, 2020, you will get 15% off your seat covers ordered.

Pass it on to a love one. Share it with a friend or family member, let them know about this great offer.

Expires on March 17, 2020 11:59 PM.

·
Registered
72 Posts
My dogs love riding in the truck, but we live on a dirt road and they make a mess, fast. I bought a cheap seat cover off Amazon but hate how I can't lift one side or the other back seats. A lot of the 60/40 rear seat covers are designed for a 60/40 back that folds down, not a seat that folds up. Also, a lot of them seem to be difficult to install, and not intended to frequently remove to hose off.
Does anyone know of a cover that can accommodate the 60/40 seat flip up and be relatively easy to remove for cleaning?
Here's what I did after searching for a 60/40 split seat cover that splits the seat portion not the back. Couldn't find one.

Bought a seat cover from Chewey.com. PetSafe Happy Ride Quilted Bench Car Seat Cover . PetSafe Happy Ride Quilted Bench Car Seat Cover, Grey, Standard - Chewy.com

I marked the seat cover where the split is, sewed two zig zags along the line then cut between the lines. You have to do this because the seat cover has multiple layers. The pre-stitching keeps the layers together.

Here's a close-up.

This is a drawing of how I was going to attach it to the seats.

I bought 1/2 inch webbing and some fasteners that I sewed onto the edges of the finished cover.

Then I drew up a pattern by measuring the seat side. Two edges you fold over and hem, the stitching line is the fabric that sews onto the seat cover. I bought some heavy black denim for the modification.

This is the pattern and the cut out fabric.

This what it looks like when the pieces are sewn onto the seat cover, but before the straps were attached to pull it tight.
Sewing these on was the hardest part.

I used 1/2 inch webbing according to the plan I show further back in this note to pull the cover tight. It now looks like this.

Now I can lift the 60/40 split seats separately.

I suspect that if you bought a yard of denim, cut out the pattern and take it to an upholstery shop, they would stitch this for very little. I bought the seat cover for $70, spend $35 on the fabric, webbing and buckles. It took me about 3 hours to sew.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My dogs love riding in the truck, but we live on a dirt road and they make a mess, fast. I bought a cheap seat cover off Amazon but hate how I can't lift one side or the other back seats. A lot of the 60/40 rear seat covers are designed for a 60/40 back that folds down, not a seat that folds up. Also, a lot of them seem to be difficult to install, and not intended to frequently remove to hose off.
Does anyone know of a cover that can accommodate the 60/40 seat flip up and be relatively easy to remove for cleaning?
I have a Honda OEM back seat cover for my 2017, but I never even opened the box. I would be happy to sell it.

·
Registered
2019 RTL-T Forest Mist Metallic
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Here's what I did after searching for a 60/40 split seat cover that splits the seat portion not the back. Couldn't find one.

Bought a seat cover from Chewey.com. PetSafe Happy Ride Quilted Bench Car Seat Cover . PetSafe Happy Ride Quilted Bench Car Seat Cover, Grey, Standard - Chewy.com

View attachment 400491

I marked the seat cover where the split is, sewed two zig zags along the line then cut between the lines. You have to do this because the seat cover has multiple layers. The pre-stitching keeps the layers together.

View attachment 400481

Here's a close-up.

View attachment 400482

This is a drawing of how I was going to attach it to the seats.

View attachment 400483

I bought 1/2 inch webbing and some fasteners that I sewed onto the edges of the finished cover.

Then I drew up a pattern by measuring the seat side. Two edges you fold over and hem, the stitching line is the fabric that sews onto the seat cover. I bought some heavy black denim for the modification.

View attachment 400484

This is the pattern and the cut out fabric.

View attachment 400485

This what it looks like when the pieces are sewn onto the seat cover, but before the straps were attached to pull it tight. View attachment 400487 Sewing these on was the hardest part.
View attachment 400486

I used 1/2 inch webbing according to the plan I show further back in this note to pull the cover tight. It now looks like this.
View attachment 400489

Now I can lift the 60/40 split seats separately.

I suspect that if you bought a yard of denim, cut out the pattern and take it to an upholstery shop, they would stitch this for very little. I bought the seat cover for $70, spend $35 on the fabric, webbing and buckles. It took me about 3 hours to sew.
This was an awesome post I never saw. You could make money selling those! That is exactly what I was looking for, and I think you are right that there is nothing like it on the market. Don't know if I am motivated enough to to the work to take it to a seamstress, and I do not have a sewing machine to do it myself, but iof I could click a button and order one I definitely woud!

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E (Modern Steel Metallic), 2013 RTL (Dark Cherry Pearl)
1,269 Posts
I did the WeatherTech option and then filled in the gap between the seats with a piece of 7” thick x 15”high x 57” wide foam and covered it in fabric. A blanket across everything works great for traveling with 2 corgis. I then cut a small block of foam to rest on the rear of the console as short dogs like to stand up to see the view. It balances fine and keeps dogs from scratching the console area.

·
Registered
2019 RTL-T Forest Mist Metallic
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I did the WeatherTech option and then filled in the gap between the seats with a piece of 7” thick x 15”high x 57” wide foam and covered it in fabric. A blanket across everything works great for traveling with 2 corgis. I then cut a small block of foam to rest on the rear of the console as short dogs like to stand up to see the view. It balances fine and keeps dogs from scratching the console area.
If like to see a picture of that!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Steve, hopefully you can get the idea from these photos. I ordered a 3" thick and 4" thick piece of foam and laminated them together with 3M spray adhesive. Cut to fit. I then wrapped the piece in fabric which I also spray laminated to the assembled foam. After a test drive I realized that the dogs liked to "stand" as my RAM had a big console for that. So, in place of that I cut another piece of foam to place on top. The bend in the armrests keep it from moving forward and thus provides a great place for them w/o trashing my console. I put their doggie comforter over the whole seat and it proivides a gapless bench for them to travel on. Bill
IMG_0805.jpeg IMG_0806.jpeg

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
A side benefit is that I don't get a lot of dog hair down below on the carpet, as it's confined to the blanket area......corgis shed a TON!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts