Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a 2006 Honda Ridgeline that needs some suspension work. I'm wanting to broaden my experience and economize on resources by doing the work myself.

I've gotten under my truck and looked at what needs to be swapped out, but I need the technical terminology to make sure I'm ordering the right thing.

What I haven't yet found is a concise resource that puts a name to what I'm looking at.

Can anyone point me to a diagram or other comprehensive resource that will tell me what a specific part is called? Visibility of the other parts around it would be helpful.

Let me know. I welcome any other guidance as I kick this journey off.

Best,

Z.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Most folks start off with an oil change...

You should get a paper version or a PDF of the shop manual for your year Ridgeline. Also companies like Chilton or Hayes make more user friendly and less expensive vehicle specific manuals.

·
Super Moderator
6,753 Posts
Hi All,

I have a 2006 Honda Ridgeline that needs some suspension work. I'm wanting to broaden my experience and economize on resources by doing the work myself.

I've gotten under my truck and looked at what needs to be swapped out, but I need the technical terminology to make sure I'm ordering the right thing.

What I haven't yet found is a concise resource that puts a name to what I'm looking at.

Can anyone point me to a diagram or other comprehensive resource that will tell me what a specific part is called? Visibility of the other parts around it would be helpful.

Let me know. I welcome any other guidance as I kick this journey off.

Best,

Z.
Having Done "Suspension" work on both a Honda Civic & Del Sol, there is a lot of value in DIY, but before we go down that path, maybe provide some previous "experience" of what you have done what amount of tools, space and other equipment you already have. Additionally considering it is a '06, of which a vast majority were built in '05 it is a 14 year old vehicle, you need to have a "plan b" when items break "which will happen" and what your doing for a vehicle in the mean time, while you "source" parts needed, because the Honda Dealer rarely has "in stock" what you need and AutoParts Stores also rarely have items for a vehicle such as a Ridgeline "in stock" if at all

·
Registered
103 Posts
Great suggestions. Plan B is a must as you will be dealing with rust. Suspension components tend to be under tension so it's better to know what will happen when you take the bolt out before you actually do. Having a backup vehicle helps a lot too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts