Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
till you get to the dealership then they claim its sold and offer you a different one for msrp

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Don't tempt me like this! If I get one, it will probably be a scarlet with beige (that they have coming in)...... and it is within a day's drive.
Anyhow, if any of you buy from this dealer and the deal is "real," please post.
My plan is to wait another 8 months, or so to make a purchase, but it's sooooo tempting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Boom! Test drove the RTL-E White yesterday and my wife compared the ride to our Acura MDX. She convinced me (imagine that) to get a Black one which they didn't have. We're a Mid 50's empty nest couple with a couple of Grandchildren, it was VERY hard to find anything about this Truck that DIDN'T work for us. The only thing would be a lockable tailgate and Honda Burying the Battery to where it's hard to get to to jump someone or my old Tractor. This Truck Nailed it for my Demographic's IMO.

Dealer gave me No Discount's off MSRP. Bummer, who doesn't like to get a deal. Said it was way to New and a Hot Item for Discounts, I should wait a few months before that could happen. (I've bought several new cars from them and they know me and are pretty honest folks) If I was in a hurry then they could see what I could do on any options I got. Well, I am in a hurry, my 2004 Element with 300 plus miles just lost the bearings in the front end and I need a vehicle for work. Don't wanna sink anymore money into her.

So here's what they did for me: MSRP on RTL-E, Tonneau Cover, Lighted Running Boards, Rubber Floor Mats, Cargo Tray, Trunk Dividers, Door Edge Guards, Mud Flaps, Tow Kit and 2" Ball. All installed for free! I know it's not a huge cost, but it's something.

$500 refundable down payment - done. They are looking for my Black RTL-E now. I'm putting about $15 to $20 down, looking forward to seeing the Honda Finance interest rates they quote me when they get the VIN Number.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Local dealer in North Atlanta quoted me $2000 off an RTL-E without blinking an eye.

I told them I would pay $39,000 max ($3,270 off MSRP) for a white / black RTL-E and I have no doubt in my mind that they would have done so had the truck been in stock. Otherwise, they were balking at my offer due to the legwork in swapping with another dealer, transport costs and time. Oh well, it wasn't meant to be on that given day and I walked.

This Thursday is the last day of the month and there are a lot of Ridgelines sitting on the lots here in the Atlanta area. Use this date to your advantage wherever you are, especially for the lower equipped models. Tons of RTS, Sports and RTL sitting around. Sales managers are pushing to sell x number of units by month end!

There are dealers locally with the truck I want, but seeing the low VIN's scares me a bit. I'm keen on waiting a few months for later production numbers and to have time for the early adopters to work the bugs out.

Many dealers here are adding fluff crap as well. $100 for nitrogen - hahaha - that's a good one!

Just grab an incoming truck before the dealer has a chance to pad their bottom line.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I looked at a Black Edition here in socal last week (the only one I could find as these were snatched up pretty quickly). I was looking specifically for the Black Edition or RTL-E to test drive to try out the Adaptive Cruise. Its a nice truck, but I'm weary of getting another black car. They initially said MSRP ($43770) was the price. I said no. They came back with $42000. This was on Thursday. Friday, I was called and asked if I would to $40K. I told him I think I would rather have the RTL-E in white or silver but would think about it. Called later that afternoon and asked if he was serious about $40K. He said he had to ask his manager. Ugh. They came back with $41,900. Lame. I turned it down, but, they were willing to deal, even here in socal. The truck was removed from their website as of this morning, so I'm guessing they did sell it over the weekend.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Baton Rogue Salesman told me this morning that I could buy one...for MSRP.

I told them this thread is probably why their activity had increased lately...

·
Registered
784 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Well you guys were right. Went to Coral Springs, FL Honda to see a RT and before I went they confirmed the price $27,900 with no add ons. Got there and had a good experience with the salesman but it turned fast with the manager. He tried to add on $3900 to the price startingg from MSRP total $34k! Shadiest thing I have ever seen a dealer do and waste of time and to top it off he was rude. Good news I was surprised how nice the base model is and will wait until discounts are real and will never go back to that dealership.

·
Registered
349 Posts
The dealers in my area (Hendrick Honda and Stokes Honda) are running a scam where they add window tint, mud flaps, pin stripe, wheel locks, nitrogen in the tires, and rain ex on the windshield for $2,000 non-negotiable. They do this to every new car as soon as they roll it off the truck. I'm buying my RTL*E from a dealer three hours away because they're not playing this scam.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Crazy typical car dealerships do all these shady stuff. I bought a high end car 10 days ago. Zero pressure, never call to bother you, no switch and bait and pretty much says this is the lowest price we can do and never called later to bother you. I went to Honda and test drove the truck and it was ok. The dealer is not negotiation type but I wasn't ready to buy yet. I was impressed with the truck and wish I can get it but no parking space. Never had a truck before but sure is practical!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
The dealers in my area (Hendrick Honda and Stokes Honda) are running a scam where they add window tint, mud flaps, pin stripe, wheel locks, nitrogen in the tires, and rain ex on the windshield for $2,000 non-negotiable. They do this to every new car as soon as they roll it off the truck. I'm buying my RTL*E from a dealer three hours away because they're not playing this scam.
Pin stripes...really? Say it with me now, "Ewwww..."

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
They'd have to pay me to take Pin Stripes...

·
Registered
561 Posts
While I appreciate much of the sincerity of this thread, I think it's fair to say that nothing promised is a fact until the papers are signed and you are driving the truck. Moreover, if you have a trade and haven't got a solid offer on it in advance (e.g. from CarMax), then the price paid becomes fairly meaningless for purposes of comparison. Mandatory add-ons are also really just price inflation, especially if you don't want them. Nitrogen in the tires is an indication that you are getting hosed.

I think it's a reasonable gamble to wait for awhile and see if prices go down. That may well happen. On the other hand, the truck may be enormously popular and the value may go up. No one knows anymore than they know what the stock market will be doing six months from now.

In my case, I needed the truck on a date certain due to a cross country trip. I was offered an RTL-E in a color I wanted (silver) at MSRP plus $1,600 in add ons that I didn't want. I was offered the truck in a color I didn't think I wanted, but came to like (Forest Mist) at MSRP plus $200 in add ons I didn't want. I ultimately got it in that color from another dealer the day it was unloaded from the truck for MSRP with nothing added. CarMax had already offered me $6,500 for a trade on my 2006 G1, but the salesman wasn't interested. In an odd turn of events, AFTER I made the deal at MSRP with no trade, the sales manager offered me $7,000 for the trade. Had this been packaged as part of the deal, I suppose I could have bragged that I got $500 off MSRP and they matched CarMax, but what this really shows is the play in the trade-in part of things.

I would note also that in my situation the tires were shot. A new set, to get me another six months, would have been +$650 and I had a major maintenance interval coming up. So from my perspective, buying now at MSRP had a built in savings of $1,000 or so.

I have yet to see someone report on this forum any substantial discount from MSRP on a truck that didn't involve a trade-in that wasn't preappraised by someone willing to buy the trade. I would actually hope someone can report that!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts