Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just brought our RTL-E home today. One of my first observations when I had her in the garage was how dull/yellow the front door lights look along with the overhead lights above the rear seats.

Has anyone found an LED replacement for the doors and back seat area? If so I'd appreciate if you could post the supplier and bulb numbers. I tried searching for a similar thread but couldn't find one.

Thanks in advance. :smile:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Contact College Hills Honda (855) 299-7244 speak to Jeremy. They have all the LED bulbs to replace the OEM. Their web site is also great with all of the available accessories for the 2017 Ridgeline. Best of all, when you find the accessory you want, it provides the installation instructions. I own a 2017 RTL-T and have already purchased from them - the trailer hitch receiver wiring harness, color-keyed body side moldings, running boards, LED bulbs and just ordered driver side "extended mirror" (it's the mirror with a convex strip) Good luck
Lou P

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Contact College Hills Honda (855) 299-7244 speak to Jeremy. They have all the LED bulbs to replace the OEM. Their web site is also great with all of the available accessories for the 2017 Ridgeline. Best of all, when you find the accessory you want, it provides the installation instructions. I own a 2017 RTL-T and have already purchased from them - the trailer hitch receiver wiring harness, color-keyed body side moldings, running boards, LED bulbs and just ordered driver side "extended mirror" (it's the mirror with a convex strip) Good luck
Lou P
Thanks Lou. I'll call them tomorrow! :smile:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Can you tell me a little about that mirror. Can't find it on their website.
The only difference with the mirror is that the outboard (left) side has a wide angle view. There's a straight line going from top to bottom that separates the normal mirror from the wide angle. (See video below and link to mirror)

DIYHonda.com Video Podcasts: Episode #281 - 2017+ Honda Ridgeline Extended View Mirror Installation

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/76254-TG7.html

·
Registered
328 Posts
My 2 cents...

I've used these on multiple cars for the interior, they are bright and a good color (white with a very slight hint of blue). Most importantly they are consistent in output/color from bulb to bulb, more than other cheap brands I've seen. Just put them in the RL and am very happy.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017VORB7M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I wanted something brighter for the bed lights and found these. I'm very happy with them. Super bright and blow away the stockers. IMO, they'd be too bright for the interior...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00S90VJQM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
926 Posts
Door & Back seat lights / LED replacement?

Someone posted this link in a previous thread. I actually just ordered them earlier this week. I will hopefully have them installed next weekend.

16 x White LED Interior Bulbs Kit+ Reverse + Tag Lights For 2017 Honda Ridgeline | eBay

That looks like the set I got, they are very nice. However, after installing LED reverse lights I purchased from Amazon the license plate lights that come with that eBay set were the reason my rear running lights quit working. A fuse was blown, after replacing the fuse the fuse blew again. When the tech took the LED license plate lights (from the eBay set) and replaced with OEM the fuse did not blow and the rear running lights worked again. The tech deemed the LED license plate lights defective. Of course, this was 5+ hours and $175 later. Another user here used the set set with no issues. I had the set on for weeks with no issue before I installed the LED reverse lights.

I am going to try some Philips brand lights for the license plates.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've bought Chinese off Ebay and had them burn up, not work, etc., etc. I stick to name brand from known store/sources now.
I had a single brand-name bulb burn out after a few years of service. That company went out of business, so I ended up buying the cheap chinese stuff. For 1/10 the price of a single name-brand bulb, I got 4 cheap bulbs. I'm now a fan of quantity being a quality of its own.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I had a single brand-name bulb burn out after a few years of service. That company went out of business, so I ended up buying the cheap chinese stuff. For 1/10 the price of a single name-brand bulb, I got 4 cheap bulbs. I'm now a fan of quantity being a quality of its own.

Me too until I had to pay that $175 for Honda to see why my running lights weren't working anymore

·
Registered
926 Posts
Yikes, did the bulbs cause damage to the wiring or something? I didn't think they could get THAT bad

Well I thought I checked the right fuses before I took it to the dealership. The tech spent half the day trying to figure out what was wrong, to find out that the license plate lights were causing the blown fuses. He replaced the after market LED license lights with OEM (dim and yellow) ones. He went and checked the wiring all the way before learning the real issue.

The tech said the after market license plate lights were defective. I guess there was too much current or something after I installed the LED reverse lights and the license plate lights weren't good enough to hold. I know it's possible to have LED reverse and LED plate lights installed at the same time since other people have had success.

I paid that much because I thought the fuses were okay and I didn't want to risk another drive at night with no running lights. I need to figure out what those fuses are labeled as.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Re: Door & Back seat lights / LED replacement?

That looks like the set I got, they are very nice. However, after installing LED reverse lights I purchased from Amazon the license plate lights that come with that eBay set were the reason my rear running lights quit working. A fuse was blown, after replacing the fuse the fuse blew again. When the tech took the LED license plate lights (from the eBay set) and replaced with OEM the fuse did not blow and the rear running lights worked again. The tech deemed the LED license plate lights defective. Of course, this was 5+ hours and $175 later. Another user here used the set set with no issues. I had the set on for weeks with no issue before I installed the LED reverse lights.

I am going to try some Philips brand lights for the license plates.
Sorry to hear about your issues, I have had them installed for about 2 weeks now with no issues.
Did you problems start right away after install?

I love the extra brightness, especially on the backup lights.

Attached are some pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
926 Posts
I installed the LED reverse lights in the afternoon, installed the license plate LEDs 2-3 weeks prior. When I got off work that day it was dark out, and someone pulled beside me and told me my running rear lights were off. So if they didn't go off immediately it was still the same day.

I did replace the re-installed OEM license plate lights with some Philips LEDs two days ago and everything is good so far.

·
Registered
673 Posts
wanted to BUMP this thread instead of making another one. This came up on

my search when I was looking into replacing my interior to LED. Some

tips/info I got from doing it my self.

T10 bulbs = 194

I bought the 10pk from amazon (Yorkim)

Install is pretty easy, use small flat screwdriver, pry from the side and

the covers slides out smooth.

Pull oem bulb out, replace with new LED.

For the bed, take out screw, on the same side where the screw hole is

located, pry the housing out. It will come out as en entire assembly, from

the back TWIST light socket out and replace bulb.

·
Registered
6 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts