Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased new drivers side door lock cable..The other end was frayed.. Very easy to do..

Since I could not get 3 Philips head loose holding door modulator, I decided to do it with modulator still in tack..

Steps 1- remove door panel
-pull plastic shield up if applicable
-undo clip end from door handle
-remove 2 plastic pins holding cable to door
-remove window channel bolt
-undo clip @ top of modulator
-undo harnesss
-remove tiny Philips head screw
-pull apart assembly(pulling towards right side
-undo clip from pink holder
-remove old cable and install in reverse!!

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
you know I have had this truck for 3 yrs now & would like very much to beat the absolute **** out of the idiots that "engineered" this crap interior. Lets make it IMPOSSIBLE to replace anything that self destructs regularly like a damn door handle cable. Another PRIME example of Honda being NOTHING like they were in the early days & being of good quality parts that LASTED. I will not buy another. This will be the last time I put up w/ this crap.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree.. I make sure I order door clips from clips and fastner when take door panel off! The cheap door cables are way to delicate! Gotta love Honda.. That's how they make ����

·
Registered
2011 RT
6 Posts
I recently purchased new drivers side door lock cable..The other end was frayed.. Very easy to do..

Since I could not get 3 Philips head loose holding door modulator, I decided to do it with modulator still in tack..

Steps 1- remove door panel
-pull plastic shield up if applicable
-undo clip end from door handle
-remove 2 plastic pins holding cable to door
-remove window channel bolt
-undo clip @ top of modulator
-undo harnesss
-remove tiny Philips head screw
-pull apart assembly(pulling towards right side
-undo clip from pink holder
-remove old cable and install in reverse!!
I'm about to tackle this myself, as my 2011 RL just had the latch cable snap.
I expect that your instructions will make more sense once I have the door panel off and am dealing with the modulator.
Found good instructions on the door panel removal elsewhere, but yours is the only images I found dealing with the modulator and more specifically, and importantly, leaving it intact.
Wish me luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts