Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna be starting my sound dampnening today..
Can I seal off the holes on brace?? Or are they there for reason?? Found this picture of another's member dynamat install..

Attachments

· Registered
2017 RTL-E
863 Posts
I'm gonna be starting my sound dampnening today..
Can I seal off the holes on brace?? Or are they there for reason?? Found this picture of another's member dynamat install..
Most of the "holes" like the ones pictured are for aligning metal parts which are going to be welded together in a fixture by robots. There are aligning pins that fit into those holes.

· Premium Member
1,817 Posts
The function of the flat-ish brace is to support the large expanse of door skin, the holes serve no purpose in that location. The tube is the impact brace. Regardless, the real question is will the dynamat properly adhere the shape of the support bar. You can cover virtually anything with the deflex material, and possibly realize additional noise reduction - but unless the mat fully attaches to a surface, its potential benefits will be minimized. Any imperfection - air gap - in the adhesion of mat to surface could allow moisture and dust to gather, eventually compromising its ability to stay stuck.

For the most part, deflex materials are best used on simple surfaces, the fewer bends the better. Having said that, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

· Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for feedback guys, I almost completed passenger side door.. Will post pictures when door is all done!

· Registered
4,180 Posts
Like OhSix said - that glued brace is there to stiffen the door panel, so it's already providing some deflex. The only concern I'd have is if you created a pocket that allowed water to pool and let rust get started.

When I did my doors, I think I went over it with the Dynamat, but I parked in a garage, so was mostly protected from the elements.

Chip H.

· Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Started doing install of sound deadener.. Found out that.. When my audio shop installed remote starter.. They installed wire through top of speaker on drivers side. To attach to lock switch..

So I ended up taking out wire and reattach with new wire.. Went through door boot, with using coat hanger.... Took couple of minutes to remove boot, and insert through door harness.. Now I know how easy it will be to insert new speaker wire in doors. More pics to come...

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.