Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if Honda will produce door edge guards for the Ridgeline? I'd rather go with an OEM product because they just fit better and the color match will be near to exact as possible. Hey Trevor, you probably can answer this question the best...keep us posted.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I went to the same people here that pinstripe the trucks, and they brought out a clear door edge guard that worked perfect on my silver one. They look like a match

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JulesK said:
I went to the same people here that pinstripe the trucks, and they brought out a clear door edge guard that worked perfect on my silver one. They look like a match
Hello JulesK, Do you have a link to their site? :cool:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Note: The clear door guards may eventually turn yellow, so you might have to change them out every couple years. Of course, I live in a climate where it's sunny almost every day, so that may be why I've seen this phenomenon.

For what it's worth, my RL came with silver door edge guards and it was pretty close. I just didn't like the way it broke the "flow" of the sides of the truck, so I yanked them off. Talk about a pain in the rear to remove the adhesive! Goo Gone didn't have an effect on this stuff!

Aloha,
Keoni

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hi Bongus,
The company is Auto Trim Design in Bradenton FL
There website is www.atdsuncoast.com
good luck
Jules

·
Registered
264 Posts
BTW the glue on these door edge guards was only on the side contacting the inside of the door. No outside mess

·
Registered
296 Posts
Not that anyone wants to hear it (!), but I guess my opinion on these things is that, like a front bra, "the cure may be worse than the disease" i.e. they trap dirt and moisture and long-term may cause more problems than they're worth. And in the case of a bra, it has to be secured really well to keep from movement that might abrade.

Anyway if you know of the potential problems and are attentive to the issues I guess they can work OK.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts