Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Ignition lock up on me a few months back, had to get a tow company pick me and take to a service center and get a new ignition lock. Now I am having an issue with the drivers side door key not being able to turn or sometimes even inserting the key at all. Is this something i can fix myself or do i need to take it in?

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,809 Posts
I've had my Ignition lock up on me a few months back, had to get a tow company pick me and take to a service center and get a new ignition lock. Now I am having an issue with the drivers side door key not being able to turn or sometimes even inserting the key at all. Is this something i can fix myself or do i need to take it in?
On my father-in-laws '99 Ford the key wouldn't open any but the passenger door lock, and it took some fiddlin to start the engine. I asked him if he had any other keys for it. He opened the drawer next to his chair and gave me three more keys. All the new keys worked in every lock and the ignition without any problem. Could you have a worn key?

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
On my father-in-laws '99 Ford the key wouldn't open any but the passenger door lock, and it took some fiddlin to start the engine. I asked him if he had any other keys for it. He opened the drawer next to his chair and gave me three more keys. All the new keys worked in every lock and the ignition without any problem. Could you have a worn key?
^^^^^^^^^^
listen to the man....... it's a lot cheaper to replace keys (even these keys), than it is to replace parts. Try that first.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,376 Posts
Is it only the drivers side door?

One time I was arriving at work and running late and pulled the drivers door handle & shifted into park at the same time. I actually jammed the door lock and handle mechanism. I ended up being late and having to crawl out the passenger door.

Later in the day I was finally able to get the the door to unlock with the valet key (I was less worried to break) and got it opened. That evening I took apart the door and never found any reason other than operator error and saw nothing broken/bent

1 - 4 of 4 Posts