Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
I have a 8/05 build date and my locks are programmable just as the manual states. I have heard of a few 8/05 build dates that did not have the issue fixed. Program them BEFORE you buy if it is a 8/05 build date.

Any date after 8/05 is OK.

TL

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
There were some previous posts of build dates of 09/05 not working also, so the change was most likely not made on 09/01 but sometime during the month.

·
Registered
219 Posts
8/05 build date here and mine do not lock as they should/do in the 9/05's....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mine doesn't, my wifes does:mad: .

·
Registered
113 Posts
Billy The Kid said:
Mine doesn't, my wifes does:mad: .
I was reading some of the members post and realized that my Ridgeline was having the same problems as some of the older models with the door locks...Then I did something that I rarely do....and should have done before. I read the owners manual and it explained how to program the locks. IT WORKED!!! Wasn't really an issue to me but the girlfriend had a heck of a time everytime we went somewhere.....Check out I believe it to be pages 81 or 82 in the owners manual.........

·
Registered
219 Posts
I would bet yours is a build date of 9/05 or later....

·
Registered
288 Posts
"...Then I did something that I rarely do....and should have done before. I read the owners manual and it explained how to program the locks. IT WORKED!!! "

Finally got around to doing mine today. Works as it should without any changes in parts. Cool!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yahoo it works!! When all else fails read the instructions,

·
Registered
22 Posts
Of course the first thing I tried as I sat in the dealer lot was to set the all door unlock function with the steps from the ROC forum.

It dinna work. Damn. So I contemplated A) not getting the truck (HA!)
B) Telling the dealer how to fix it, and finding out how bad he wanted to sell the truck by fixing it for free
C) Doing nothing

I Opted for C, but good things came of it anyway. I figured I was just doing the steps wrong, and would figger it out at home.

I sorta did that too. The truck was made in 2006, and, get this, the option to unlock all four doors when in park is in the owner's manual!

Page 84: 1. Make sure it's in park, close driver door.
2. ignition to on (II)
3. Push and hold master door lock switch for two clicks
4. Release and turn key to lock (0) within 5 seconds.

There's also a way to set it (page 85) to unlock when the ignition switch is moved out of the on position. But that's more rub your head/pat your belly stuff.

Figures. RTFM.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah, mine is older than yours. No option to unlock all 4 except with the master switch. Unless I do that fuse box switch. I like the other option, reprogram it to disable the auto-lock feature entirely; then when I unlock the doors they stay unlocked!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I bet most of them aren't in a Ridgeline anymore.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts