Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Door Lock issue

6K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Heli ATP 
#1 ·
I have a 2014 Ridgeline. On four occasions now the rear passenger side door does not unlock. I try and use the remote and not good. I try to physically lift the latch and I can't budge it. I have to turn the truck on and off again for it to work.

Now I will preface this statement with this. I have the locks set to unlock upon me shutting off the vehicle. On two occasions a passenger tired to open the door before I shut off the vehicle. The other two times the passenger waited until the vehicle was off. All four times I was unable to physically unlock the door. I had to turn the vehicle back on then off to get it to work property.

Anyone with a similar issue?

#3 ·
Dealer but probably the actuator came unplugged or is defective.

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
My wife does this all the time. I have mine set up to unlock all doors when the ignition is turned off, same as yours. She will pull the handle before I shut the truck off, and then her door remains locked (even though the ignition is turned off).

I simply push the unlock button on the driver's door and it opens (I don't turn the engine back on/off).

#6 ·
I have tried various ways, including what you suggested and it still won't unlock. I will be taking it back to the dealer. I leaning towards the actuator.

Thanks for all the help.

#7 ·
I've had my passengers do the same so I programmed the doors to unlock when I put the RL in park. Here are the instructions. This may take a few tries to get it to work.

1. Make sure the shift lever is in the Park(P) position.

2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON (II)position, and make sure to close the driver’s door.

3. Push and hold the rear of the master door lock switch on the driver’s door. You will hear a click.
Continue to hold down the switch: Until you hear another click(after about 5 seconds) to activate the driver’s door unlock feature.

--Or, until you hear two more clicks(after about 10 seconds)to activate the all doors unlock feature.

4. Release the switch and, within 5 seconds, turn the ignition switch to the LOCK(0) position.

#8 ·
I have an issue whereby when I park and shutoff the truck, the doors auto-lock after a few minutes.
I can't find much info as most posts are lated to the auto-lock feature after the vehicle is in motion.. which I like

I currently have set it up to unlock all doors when put in park if that makes any difference..

This may be a feature to some but a pita when you have the truck locked up in a garage

DaveFromPeg

#9 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.