Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does RL lock itself automatically after a certain period of time. I experienced this onced, but don't recall if the keys were in the ignition or not. now, Im paranoid that I'll get locked out with my son in it.

Does anyone know when this automatic lock (in park) feature is sequenced? Or is it me?

·
Registered
275 Posts
The only experience I've had with doors locking themselves is when I unlock using the keyless and take too long to get to the truck. I believe the doors will lock again in 30 seconds. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks jch, if thats the case then, that'll be ok, at least i'll have the keys to unlock it again.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Also, if you use the key to unlock the doors, and within the first 30 seconds you've only opened the trunk, the doors will still re-lock themselves. Slightly frustrating, but I get around it by just making sure to open a door and shut it, just to disable the auto-lock timeout.

And on an entirely separate issue, there is auto-locking associated with moving the car -- by default, it locks all the doors at 9 mph. But I'm guessing this isn't what you were talking about. :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
flymuck,

If the RL is moving hopefully I'm the one moving it and not my son, he's only 2. Timeout corner for the little guy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts