Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I left the driver window open on my 2006 Ridgeline (280,000 miles), and it rained in. The window switch fried, but the door lock switch still worked. I ordered a replacement from Rock Auto and installed it. I also installed a new lock actuator in the door at the same time, since I had the door panel off. The new switch comes with all four window switches, and the door lock switch built into one unit. Now the windows work, but the key fob wont lock/unlock the doors remotely. The doors wont lock/unlock except for manually with the key, or by pushing the buttons inside the truck. All the locks still automatically lock when I put it in drive and start driving, but it wont program to automatically unlock when put in park either. I don't hear the second or third clicks when holding the unlock button down during programming. I've tried all the programming videos. I'm thinking that the new door lock switch is bad. Any ideas? thanks for your help in advance.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I left the driver window open on my 2006 Ridgeline (280,000 miles), and it rained in. The window switch fried, but the door lock switch still worked. I ordered a replacement from Rock Auto and installed it. I also installed a new lock actuator in the door at the same time, since I had the door panel off. The new switch comes with all four window switches, and the door lock switch built into one unit. Now the windows work, but the key fob wont lock/unlock the doors remotely. The doors wont lock/unlock except for manually with the key, or by pushing the buttons inside the truck. All the locks still automatically lock when I put it in drive and start driving, but it wont program to automatically unlock when put in park either. I don't hear the second or third clicks when holding the unlock button down during programming. I've tried all the programming videos. I'm thinking that the new door lock switch is bad. Any ideas? thanks for your help in advance.
They might need to be programmed at the dealership with their computer; like when one would get a new key. I know there is no way to do that your self without the Honda specific equipment. I might be wrong, but that is my guess.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you are probably correct. I'll visit the dealership for reprogramming the locks and key as much as I hate to. I'll let you know how it goes. thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I think you are probably correct. I'll visit the dealership for reprogramming the locks and key as much as I hate to. I'll let you know how it goes. thanks for the advice.
Did you ever get an answer or fix the issue? I have done the same thing, and now acts like you described

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had to replace my driver window switch recently and had all kinds of key fob issues with the aftermarket switch. It wiuld program just fine but the locks would work 1 out of 5 times. I even tried swapping the receiver in the switch from the original to the new aftermarket since the fob worked just fine on the old unit but still had issues with the new aftermarket.

I found an original switch on ebay pulled from a parts vehicle and it has worked perfectly. Returned the aftermarket for a full refund.

·
Super Moderator
12,314 Posts
Did you ever get an answer or fix the issue? I have done the same thing, and now acts like you described
You're unlikely to get a reply since this member hasn't logged on here in almost two years.

These types of parts from RockAuto are all aftermarket and vary in quality. Your best bet is to purchase a new OE part from a local or online Honda dealer or get an OE part from a salvage yard or recycler.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Just to let you all know I installed the new master door switch. Had to bring the truck to dealership to reprogram the remotes, and the truck now works like it should. The truck no longer locks itself automatically when closing doors while running :). Works Like it should. I did also replace the actuator, but I do not believe that was the issue. Now if I can figure out how to get the trunk to start working without using the key to open it. Checked the seal and switch makes no noise at back doesn't even try.
Maybe it is time for a new one :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts