Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone changed the auto door unlock function? According to our manual you can choose from 3 different auto unlock features. Unlock all doors when truck is placed in park, unlock all doors when ignition is turned off or not unlock at all. When I tried to change it to any unlock feature it only applied to the drivers door, even though the manual states all doors on pages 80-83. Thanks for the help guys. :confused:

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
drouke said:
Has anyone changed the auto door unlock function? According to our manual you can choose from 3 different auto unlock features. Unlock all doors when truck is placed in park, unlock all doors when ignition is turned off or not unlock at all. When I tried to change it to any unlock feature it only applied to the drivers door, even though the manual states all doors on pages 80-83. Thanks for the help guys. :confused:
The manual is a misprint. The quick start guide has it right. Basically I learned Honda intended the the 'all' unlock function but had a miscommunication with the vendor who made the module and now only the driver door will unlock when placed in either of the park or key off functions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
vertrkr said:
The manual is a misprint. The quick start guide has it right. Basically I learned Honda intended the the 'all' unlock function but had a miscommunication with the vendor who made the module and now only the driver door will unlock when placed in either of the park or key off functions.

Is there any chance that Honda can correct the unlock mode issue (so that the 2006 Ridgeline will have this feature) at their expense since the Ridgeline is supposed to have this feature?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
honda fanatic said:
Is there any chance that Honda can correct the unlock mode issue (so that the 2006 Ridgeline will have this feature) at their expense since the Ridgeline is supposed to have this feature?
Since the module also controls so many other functions I'd have to bet no, we are stuck with what we have. The trip computer should be a diffenent story though and able to be enabled with a firmware/software update.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
honda fanatic said:
Is Honda aware of the lock problem? If so, do they plan to correct the problem of the missing feature this model year?
Yes, Honda is aware but they will not change it for this model year most likely as having different features in the same model year adds confusion and is something they would avoid. There's a possibility a '07 module may be popped into the '06 but no guarantee since it controls so many other functions it may not work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is really disapointing. I am taking my Ridge back today to have some other things done, and this was my only real frustration.

It will drive me nuts to have to hit the unlock button to unlock the doors each time.

I guess the other option is to not have the doors locked automatically when you start the car.

Too bad, I will see what my dealer tells me today. :mad:

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Hurleyjw said:
This is really disapointing. I am taking my Ridge back today to have some other things done, and this was my only real frustration.

It will drive me nuts to have to hit the unlock button to unlock the doors each time.

I guess the other option is to not have the doors locked automatically when you start the car.

Too bad, I will see what my dealer tells me today. :mad:
Ya, that's my second gripe right after having no trip computer. I doubt the dealer will know anything about it but can't hurt to ask.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I received the same story from the Dealer, a typo in the manual.

They did confirm that the unlock will do the Driver side and the Trunk.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts