Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I just bought a 21 RTL-E and i'm yet to put 100 miles on it. It's been quite a change but so far so good. I noticed that after adjusting the door mirrors and stopping and parking, they go back to their initial position. I looked this up in the manual but didn't see if i can set them in one position and forget about it. It's getting old setting these mirrors every time i get in. Anyone knows if that's doable in this truck?

·
Premium Member
2021 RTL-E
74 Posts
Hi everyone. I just bought a 21 RTL-E and i'm yet to put 100 miles on it. It's been quite a change but so far so good. I noticed that after adjusting the door mirrors and stopping and parking, they go back to their initial position. I looked this up in the manual but didn't see if i can set them in one position and forget about it. It's getting old setting these mirrors every time i get in. Anyone knows if that's doable in this truck?
If the mirror switch is in either Left or Right position—that mirror will tilt down when you put the vehicle in reverse. It will go back to its normal position when you put the vehicle in Drive.

If you don’t want the mirror to tilt — leave the mirror switch in the middle position.

Enjoy your new ride — I know I am!

·
Registered
2021 RTL-E, Lunar Silver Metallic
630 Posts
Here is a useful page to easily find information about the features your truck has:
Font Motor vehicle Parallel Engineering Auto part

Notice the "Memory Button" which are explained on page 162?

Your mirrors return to the position set in memory anytime you enter and start with the key fob associated with one of the memory positions.

You need to change the memory setting after you adjust the mirrors where you want them. That is explained on page 162 of the Owners Manual.
Font Parallel Rectangle Screenshot Engineering

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much. It's set up now. I think that and the auto idle stop were the only things bugging me. Then again, i just got started with this truck. I think its a matter of adapting to it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you very much. It's set up now. I think that and the auto idle stop were the only things bugging me. Then again, i just got started with this truck. I think its a matter of adapting to it.
The auto idle can be turn off. The button that looks like capital “A” with a circle around it. On the 2020 RTL-E it’s on the last button on the center console. But, it needs to done every time you start up the engine. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The auto idle can be turn off. The button that looks like capital “A” with a circle around it. On the 2020 RTL-E it’s on the last button on the center console. But, it needs to done every time you start up the engine. Hope this helps.
Yes, i read that. I wish you could disable it entirely but that's not a big issue in reality.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Some miss-information in that video about engine component failure (pistons, starters). I'd like to see the author supply some supporting information.
Agree. I’ve never heard or seen any information regarding component failure. I’m about to move to a Ridgeline from a BMW X1 which has the idle stop feature. I don’t find it a problem, it saves gas, and no engine issues to date.
If you want it off, press the button. I dont understand the need to buy and install a module.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts