Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, these Honda factory speakers have to go. Any tricks to removing the door panels? Assume it is a removal X # of screws and then lift up, is that correct? Thanks. Craig

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
From the service manual:

Lower the window fully.
Remove the mirror mount cover.
Pull back the inner door handle and remove the cover that's behind it.
Remove the two screws.
Remove the handle and cable linkage.
Remove the door pull pocket lid.
Remove the screw.
With as little bending of the panel as possible detach the 8 clips (3 left, 3 right & 2 bottom).
Starting at the trailing edge of the panel, lift upwards, releasing the door lock knob as you go.
Disconnect the courtesy light and switch gear harness.

The rear door is similar but you have to remove the plastic corner trim first.

Others on the board have actually done this, unlike me, and may have some tips. There are lots of threads about speaker replacement so I recommend that you use the search function.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Search function is a wonderful thing, found it, thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Going from memory here, but the panels are easy to remove.

Front door panel removal.

Roll down the window.

Remove the small A Pillar filler piece at the front top of the door panel. One clip at top then pull up. Easy.

Pull the door handle to the open position and remove the small false panel behind it. Remove the screws and this will release the door handle assembly. Pull the handle out slightly and release the clip holding the door handle cable and remove the assembly.

Remove the three screws revealed by the removal of the door handle assembly.

One more screw is under the rubber insert in the door grab handle. Use a small screw driver or similar to remove the flexible rubber insert then remove the screw.

Now you can either use a trim tool or your hands to pop the panel clips. There are clips all the way around the perimeter of the panel. Find a spot and just pull the panel out of the clips. Don't worry... it will pull out.

Once you've popped all the clips lift the panel straight up off the door. Notice that you must disconnect the wire harness from the door panel once you get it free from the vehicle.

That's all.

When reassembling the panel you must remove the clips from the door and put them on the panel first.

The entire process should not take over 5 minutes. A trim tool make getting the clips out of the door easier for reinsertion, but not necessary (I don't have one).

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Tex, my 6012's are on the way to me as I write this, your instructions will make the job much, much easier. Thanks so much! :)

I've fixed my dash speaker rattles. The winshield whistle has been stopped by duct taping the entire windshield. Now I will isolate and fix that as well. Don't like doing this stuff on my new Ridgeline that only has 60 miles on it but I'm hopefull that this will take care of everything. All I can say is, it better not leak! Mine was built in April 2005.

Thanks to everyone for a great forum!!!!

Craig

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
CGM55123 said:
Thanks Tex, my 6012's are on the way to me as I write this, your instructions will make the job much, much easier. Thanks so much! :)

I've fixed my dash speaker rattles. The winshield whistle has been stopped by duct taping the entire windshield. Now I will isolate and fix that as well. Don't like doing this stuff on my new Ridgeline that only has 60 miles on it but I'm hopefull that this will take care of everything. All I can say is, it better not leak! Mine was built in April 2005.

Thanks to everyone for a great forum!!!!

Craig
Thank jch as he authored those instructions. I suggested using 8x1/2 inch self drilling hex screw to mount the speaker to the black plastic adapter, then the same to mount the adapter and speaker assy to the door panel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts