Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I actually mounted these over a week ago and am now just getting around to posting the pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A couple more pictures. Notice the Ridgeline of the Sierra Nevada Mountains in the background.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
I like these. Where did you get them? I only wish they were mounted on a door protector that was affordable.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered them from College Hills Honda for $35 each. Paul Pacek was great to deal with. It took quite awhile to get them because there was a shipping error somewhere and they ended up in Texas. Once I let Paul know he immediately notified UPS and they were rerouted to me.

I really like the way they look. It kind of adds a little sportiness to the side view. I think my next project I will tackle myself will be to black out the side chrome "wings" on the grill. I will leave everything mounted and protect the heck out of everything I don't want spray painted, even the radiator. I just finished painting our Master Bedroom so I have left over painter's tape and plastic sheeting.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't even looked at the mounting of the grill/front end assembly. Maybe I will order one of the aftermarket grills instead and do it myself when the wife is away for awhile!!

Do I send her shopping with her mother? That could be way too costly.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Am planning to do the same, in gold. I think the upper panel just below the window...:) HA just added the gold "Ridgeline" emblems to their inventory by my request. Am negotiating price now.:)

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
The Ridgeline name on the side isn't bad at all but how about the ROC's logo in badge form on the side? :cool:

·
Registered
774 Posts
I too have the door badges and I think they really add to the truck. Nice job!!!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you. I got the idea from someone on this site who bought their truck with the badges already on them. I considered mounting them higher, but settled on the current location.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Here's my pics...:D

Attachments

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You may be the one.;)

·
Registered
876 Posts
Does anyone have any good tips for getting the Ridgeline badges lined up on each side of the truck? I can probably muddle through it, but I'd hate it if they wound up in different spots. I'm putthing them low on the front doors.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
UglyTruckling said:
Does anyone have any good tips for getting the Ridgeline badges lined up on each side of the truck? I can probably muddle through it, but I'd hate it if they wound up in different spots. I'm putthing them low on the front doors.
Untested on a RL but...

Run some tape along the bottom edge of the door, or along one of the ridges. It will provide a guide for straightness and a spacer for consistency.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I put mine on by lining up the front of the emblem with the front edge of the door cutout and the bottom along the top of the cutout. Seemed to work pretty well. I must admit that the passenger side is off about 3mm.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I must admit that the passenger side is off about 3mm.
Did California switch to the metric system? :p

·
Registered
774 Posts
hehehehe yeah didn't you get the memo?

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Are these the same chrome plastic logos from the tailgate?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes, same as the tailgate. I would have preferred something that did not stick out as much as the tailgate badges, but there aren't many choices out there right now.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts