Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A question I'm posting for my boss. He just bought a 14 honda ridgeline w/o the navigation or big factory screen. Can he put in an after market double din? Crutch field says no. We both have experience with this stuff but don't have time to be getting into a huge custom project. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,806 Posts

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Your 2014 RL will accept a double DIN HU. I was on Crutchfield and it came up with 85 HU choices.

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,056 Posts
There are tons and tons of threads about this. Many tips and tricks, pictures to help the install, do's and don't's, etc. I've had a 7" Pioneer DVD unit in my truck for about three years now and it's been phenomenal. Just know that if you replace the factory head unit, you will lose functionality of the factory subwoofer located behind the rear seat on the passenger side. Some Pioneer units allow you to use the rear speaker leads bridged to get 70 watts RMS to power a sub. However, you'll then lose your rear speakers. Some don't mind this as the rear speakers are really used for fill anyways, but your boss may also want to consider upgrading the speakers and adding an aftermarket amp/sub combo for much better sound. The audio system of the RL was designed as an afterthought a decade ago. It wasn't great to begin with, but it's deplorable by today's standards. A simple upgrade of the dash tweeters can really help the sound quality, but for a true "upgrade" of the SQ, you'll want a good quality head unit, higher quality door speakers that are amplified and a much larger/more powerful subwoofer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts