Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've had my 06 RTL for about a year now, and have experienced the dreaded false door open/ajar display more than a handful of times, even after closing the doors - won't reset until key is cycled.

I've searched from top to bottom on these forums, online, and Honda's SB's (I'm a tech at a Honda dealer) to find everyone inconclusive! The condition on my car has worsened - last night at 1am, after not driving the truck for more than 6 hours, I looked outside to see all my interior lights on and my headlights/tail lights all on!

I usually leave my headlight switch in the ON position and rely on the multiplex unit to turn them off seconds after I lock the doors and walk away, but I figured out last night that it was acting as if the multiplex lost complete control of the lights. Multiple presses of lock/unlock did not change anything, all the lights were still stuck on until I went outside and opened the driver's door, closed it, and relocked the car. This glitch is getting really annoying - wiring schematics point to either the multiplex (under dash fuse box) or the gauge cluster assembly. Naturally, even my colleagues think I'm crazy because none of them own a RL and have this problem. Has anyone come up with a solution for this?? :act060:

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,588 Posts
Welcome to the ROC allen.

This is the first I can recall of this problem. The only dreaded issues I can think of are the cylinder 4/5 with loose spark plug/cracked head issues and the radiator/tranny fitting corrosion issues (that come to mind).

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Hate to say this so quickly, but you may just need to pay a professional to track that down for you. Have you tried to get dealer to diagnose....?

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,588 Posts
Umm, Dnick... the OP is a tech at a dealer!

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
This sounds like a cracked wire in the door wiring. It happens in the hinge area due to metal fatigue in the wire itself after enough years, and usually shows up in the driver's door because that gets used the most.

Try replacing any and all flexible wiring that moves with the door hinge.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Umm, Dnick... the OP is a tech at a dealer!
Uh Oh..... I missed that..... hope we are not blind leading the blind?! :)

It will be interesting when it's finally solved.

I still think maybe an auto electrics specialty shop might be worth a visit, if the dealer diagnostics equipment can't trace it.
Not saying OP & crew aren't up to it.... just that sometimes those sparkys in the electric shops who do that all day for a living might find it a bit quicker.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts