Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2009 Ridgeline and I am trying to fix a lighting issue. All dome lights turn on when any door is opened EXCEPT the driver side front light. Also, all of the ceiling lights work when I push the individual buttons to turn them on so the bulb is good. I have changed out the little white switches and tested the button in the jamb of the drivers door. It must be a wiring issue somewhere. Does anyone have a fix for this?

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
3,874 Posts
Welcome to ROC and I hope you enjoy your stay here and learn as much as you can. Our search function is a very powerful tool, use it and enjoy it.

That said, few questions for ya
  • are the interior bulbs LED? If they are, try rotating the bulb 180 (essentially pull them out, flip them around and reinsert) and see if it works.
  • manually turn on the interior light using the dash mounted switch, and check for voltage at either terminals. You should be getting power on one end.
  • Pull the door switch on the door jamb and check for voltage. There should be constant voltage at one of the terminals. Also, take the door switch out, and check for connectivity at the terminals.
  • Have you checked the fuses.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Smufgut is right on, check for sure. I had the same problem, ended up changing out the light bulb holder base for the dome light. The metal contacts holding the bulbs was the clubprit.

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
3,874 Posts
I believe he just called me fat............................ :)

·
Registered
643 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts