Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Greeting G2 Members!

I just recently brought a Black edition, and I have experienced my driver side door rattle/shake a lot when the music is playing.
Have anyone experience this matter on their G2?
The passenger side door doesn't rattle as much. I only have 500 mile on the truck. I debating if I should bring it into the dealer or not. I hate for the technician to tear up my brand new car. I am a little OCD since it's a new vehicle. Your input and experience is greatly appreciated.

g2 front.jpg

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yes..others have on here. Someone had it fixed at the dealer...like there was a part replaced in the door that might have been causing it. I know if I press against the door handle part it goes away...Sometimes I can make it go away totally.
But to make it rattle a bit, it does have to be the right frequency bass and at high enough volume-some people might not have it at all. I'll probably take the panel off sometime and see, or I might say something when I have a couple others things done whenever I do the recall.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E, Northeast U.S.
2,892 Posts
Search the forums. There is a thread where one guy explains the problem to several of us, shows pictures and I believe he's the one who had it fixed by his dealer. If I remember correctly he also gives the part number. He may have described the rattle as a buzz. I recall that for him it was activated entirely by the speakers in his truck not just driving along.

Also, there are two different rattles near the driver's side door. The other one is the one I have. Presents as a soft rattling in your left ear that goes on and on for quite a while. I saw a post about it before I heard it in my Ridgeline. The sound emanates from a much higher up, and may be in the seatbelt height adjuster. Today I raised the seatbelt adjuster all the way up. (I usually have it one notch down.) The sound went away but it's so intermittent that it's impossible to attach cause and effect, yet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
There is the same rattle in my driver's side door during certain conditions from the door speaker. A knee pressing on the door temporarily mitigates the problem but that is extremely annoying. I am hesitant to mention it to the dealer due to not wanting them to tear the door apart. I also could not find a solution in the search field.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I did a closer listen to the door today with the music going that would produce the bit of vibration and it is for me something behind the armrest by the edge of the door.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you everyone for your reply! I will open up the door panel and put some insulation to solved this issues. It's very annoying being a brand new vehicle. Honda quality control is definitely lacking. I will keep everyone post update.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had the drivers door armrest rattle as well. I brought it to the dealer and they were unable to fix it. I ended up removing the door panel and stuffing 2 microfiber towels into the armrest pocket. I also tightened the armrest.

Problem solved!

·
Registered
78 Posts
test drove a ridgeline today, I really want one... but I've test driven 3, and the black edition in particular had this buzz/rattles in the door when the stereo was turned up. I also heard the dash rattle.

Wondering if there is an known, and easy fix?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E, Northeast U.S.
2,892 Posts
test drove a ridgeline today, I really want one... but I've test driven 3, and the black edition in particular had this buzz/rattles in the door when the stereo was turned up. I also heard the dash rattle.

Wondering if there is an known, and easy fix?
As I posted just above, there's at least one other thread where someone takes apart their door and fixes with various means the speaker buzz there. One of them had pictures. There's another thread where someone removes the speaker on top of the dash and fixes a rattling problem. Use the forum's search feature though.

Here's one of them:

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/185-2g-problems-fixes-tsb-s/163585-interior-rattles.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
Greeting G2 Members!

I just recently brought a Black edition, and I have experienced my driver side door rattle/shake a lot when the music is playing.
The passenger side door doesn't rattle as much. I only have 500 mile on the truck. I debating if I should bring it into the dealer or not. I hate for the technician to tear up my brand new car. I am a little OCD since it's a new vehicle. Your input and experience is greatly appreciated.

View attachment 277658
Hi, I have the 2019 RTLE and I am going nuts trying to get rid of this noise. I have put dampening mat in the door, foam tape on all harnesses and plastic parts, even put pieces of foam in the door and still no luck. It is intermittent so seems to be a nightmare to find. Passenger door does not make this noise. I also do hear a bit of wind noise. I have had my door panel off several times trying to fix it. I'm afraid the dealer will think I'm crazy but would like to fix it while under warranty. I have 7600 miles on my truck and that is the only issue, has happened since I bought it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Greeting G2 Members!

View attachment 277658
There is an issue on some for sun roof frame-guide rattle between roof and headliner and another issue with the stiffening bow between roof and headliner along the windshield. Sometimes noise are not originating from where you perceive them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts