Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"PORTLAND, Ore. -- The driver of an SUV was killed when his vehicle was hit by a dump truck Thursday.
Portland police said 71-year-old Wallace Burkett was turning onto Northeast 185th Avenue from Northeast Riverside Parkway in his Honda Ridgeline at about 11:35 p.m. when the collision occurred.
A female passenger was injured and taken to a hospital. There is no word on her condition.
The driver of the dump truck was not injured, police said.
An investigation into the crash is ongoing."

http://www.kptv.com/news/23028608/detail.html

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Man, I hate to see that happen to anyone.

But really, 4500 pound Ridgeline vs. a 60,000 pound cement truck - Ridgeline will lose nearly every time. :(

Chip H.

·
Super Moderator
22,671 Posts
Ouch. Sorry to hear about this. Was he a ROC'er?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
RIP to the driver and my condolences to the family.

I know it's just a local news channel but the Ridgeline is not an SUV and they made it sound like the truck intentionally "caved in" around the driver. I'm willing to bet he died of a medical reason (ie not as a result of blunt force trauma sustained during the impact) as the Ridgeline appears to have held up well.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Look at the driver compartment. Direct hit from a dump truck will get you every time. Not even a Ridgeline could save him. RIP
I am surprised how well the truck held up though. It fought to save its precious cargo to the bitter end.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Aftermarket wheels. Whether he was an ROC member or not he clearly liked to fix up his truck. Quite unfortunate.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Sad news. My condolence to his family.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
The reporter said the driver was 60 years old.

Which seems a little strange - I don't know of many 60 year olds who go for the bling wheels. Perhaps he had borrowed it from a son/grandson?

Chip H.

·
Super Moderator
22,671 Posts
The reporter said the driver was 60 years old.

Which seems a little strange - I don't know of many 60 year olds who go for the bling wheels. Perhaps he had borrowed it from a son/grandson?

Chip H.
"Portland police said 71-year-old..."

Details, details. :act027:

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
Not to take away from the seriousness of the situation, but has anyone read the reader comments toward the bottom of the news page?

Some are hysterical.

·
Super Moderator
22,671 Posts
I don't see any comments. Where are they?

·
Super Moderator
22,671 Posts
Nope. That's the same page I see from the link in the OP. Here's what I see:

I don't see any comments at all.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Not to take away from the seriousness of the situation, but has anyone read the reader comments toward the bottom of the news page?

Some are hysterical.
Here's a smart one.

Thats not much of an SUV. If it would have been a big Chevy Suburban or Ford Expadition it might have saved his life.
Guess im gonna have to trade mine for an Expadition.

In all seriousness condolences to the family.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts