Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,
I just purchased a 2007 with 130K miles. The rear driver side door power lock does not work, nor does the power window on that door. I looked through the forums about the door lock issue (one bite at a time, right?) and found a ton of data about the door lock actuator motor. I replaced that yesterday, but it did not fix the door lock problem.

The battery was just replaced.
The other locks seem to be working properly, but occasionally it seems like the entire system gets confused.
The rear door lock consistently never works, so its not intermittent.
The rear door window does not function at all either, at the switch or at the driver control switch. Could they be related?

When I replaced the lock actuator, it did not appear that the door trim had aver been removed before, so I think I was the first one ever in there. Assuming original equipment.

Thanks for noodling on this for me... I know there are tons of folks on this board that can give me a clue.
Rob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, I forgot to mention that I joined the forum today to pose this question. I'm very stoked to have found this forum.
Thanks!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Have the same issue

·
Registered
478 Posts
I had the same problem with the rear door window except it would work from the rear door but not the driver's door. It turned out to be a loose connection where the wiring harness from the driver's door plugs into the body. Wiggled and pushed it in at the same time and now no more problems. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My rear passenger side door lock also stopped working last year (2016) in 06 RTL. I'm the original owner. Honda dealer described as lock actuator motor going bad for that door. It was replaced which fixed the issue. I didn't fix it myself, so assuming that was the problem since it now works after that completed the job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts