Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my Green Ridgeline yesterday.
Several times, I noticed that the driver's side door was not shutting
all the way. Door indicator light was on as well.

As the day progressed, the door was having more difficulty.

I took the vehicle to the dealer. They agreed the door was not latching
properly. The other 3 doors shut smoothly.

I watched two junior techs fumble moving the strike plate around
for 30 minutes with no improvement. I started to get a little concerened
when one of them stated that the truck may need to go to a body shop to have the main hinges readjusted. They stated that they don't like to touch the door hinges because door alignment and spacing is too touchy and
could get worse.

Next, they took the vehicle into a bay and had two senior techs look at it,
30 minutes later they claimied to have fixed it by adjusting the same strike
plate. I wonder what they really did to the door. In any case, it appears to shut and latch ok now, maybe not as smooth as the others but close enough
for me for now.

·
Registered
492 Posts
My drivers side rear door will close completely with a strong slam. If I close it with the same force that is required on the other doors it does catch but is left agar and the dash warning light is on. The other three doors close well. I will get it looked at when my dealer recieves my cargo cover and rear cargo tray.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
bliss,

Did the dealer get your door fixed ok? Both my passenger side doors close the way you describe while the driver side doors close easily. It looks like the strike plates are toward the outside of the vehicle as opposed to the passenger side where they appear to be toward the inside.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Got back from the dealer and they didn't want to do much with the strike plate...said it could create a gap when the door is closed whereas it closes flush now. They're going to call the Honda Techline on Monday and see if they have any instructions for making this repair.

Would still like feedback from others who had the same problem shutting their door and what was done to fix it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My rear passenger door closes that way. All the others close with virtually no force, while the rear passenger needs a bit more force. I haven't been too worried about it because the other doors close more easily than most cars and I figure the rear passenger is more typical of your average door. :eek:

L

·
0 Posts
My passenger rear door does not like to close without a little force behind it. :( :(

·
Registered
383 Posts
I had the same problem with the driver's door (ie one of these things is not like the others, one of these things doesn't belong....).
An adjustment to the strike plate corrected the problem.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Skywalker said:
I had the same problem with the driver's door (ie one of these things is not like the others, one of these things doesn't belong....).
An adjustment to the strike plate corrected the problem.
Have you noticed any difference in how flush the door shuts? It seems that the doors that close easier stick out just slightly from the body compared to the ones that are harder to close. My dealer indicated that adjusting the strike plate could cause this.

·
Registered
120 Posts
never heard of problems like these on a "NEW" vehicle. I'd be pretty pissed off if my door or doors did NOT close properly on a 30 grand vehicle!:mad:

·
Registered
109 Posts
does all 4 doors should close at the force of almin?????

if it does then i am having trouble on my 2 rear doors i already notice that the following day i got my RL but when i check on the other side its exactly the same but on my 2 front door they close really smooth almost dont need force to close the door......

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
never heard of problems like these on a "NEW" vehicle. I'd be pretty pissed off if my door or doors did NOT close properly on a 30 grand vehicle!:mad:
I'm willing to bet that you've never owned a GM, Ford or Chrysler product?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts