Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have this problem?????????
My Drivers Seat seems loose when it moves approx. 1/4 inch as I turn into or out of an elevated parking lot. When I accelerate, enter the truck and sit down, turn corners, etc.
I feel the "movement" near the back and bottom of the seat.
It feels and sounds like a loose mounting bolt would feel/sound if it where loose. (It doesn't seem to be the track either)

Of course I was unable to duplicate this movement for the Honda mechanic, we drove alot but it would not show itself. He checked all mounting hardware and nothing was loose. Nothing happens when you push and pull on the seat, only when driving.:confused:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Mine did that when I took it for a test drive; it was like one back was loose. Turns out I hadn't securely latched the seat after I had moved it forward. I thought I had tried but it seemed to need a really good shove into place to lock. Could that be it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the same problem. I just noticed it. I'll have to get the dealer to take a look.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Are you sure the seat is moving and it isn't the cover? Someone mentioned that the leather bunched up on their leather seats. If it is loose you may slide a little on the cushion.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Mine isn't moving but I did find two loose screws laying on the carpet beside the dirvers seat. I can't find where they may have been but I am paying close attention to any unwanted movement that may occur.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I had the same issue on my 2003 Accord EXV6, which also had a power seat, so I wouldn't be too suprised if the Ridgeline had the same issue. If I remember correctly, it had something to do with the bushings. The last time I took it in is when I ended up trading it for my Ridgeline, and I haven't looked back since (ok, I do miss my Accord a little, but my Ridgeline is SOOOOO much more useful!). Anyway, take your Ridge in, mention your problem, and say "I remember that the Accords had the same issue". That will prevent the service writers from simply saying that this is 'normal' and is 'nothing to worry about. Remember, Honda pays for warranty repairs, not the dealership.

·
Registered
897 Posts
NOooooooooooo!!!!

There was a TSB for this for my Civic seats and I got it fixed....twice :(

Civic didn't even have electrics in it, but it was some cheesy bushings there the seat bottom actually attached to the track (not track itself) that had worn.

·
Registered
897 Posts
WhiteRTLnav said:
Come to think of it, my 2002 Civic also had the same problem.
At least Honda issued a TSB for the seat on the 01-04's, would have been nice if they did the same with the struts too...or were you one of the lucky ones?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the input so far, it may help as this movement continues.............maybe it is a "bushing"???????

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I only took mine in once (as described in my first post). It still moves but I figure maybe I will have better luck taking it in again when it gets worse. Don't want to waste anymore time until I know it will "move" when I try to show the mechanic. Anybody else have more info yet??????????

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Ours is fine so far and it has been over some fairly rough roads too. We keep this in check though.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've had my RTS into the dealer twice within a year for this very issue. The first time they replaced the bottom left bracket. The second time I don't know what was replaced. So far its been fine, but it was fine for a while after the first repair.

~Steve

·
Registered
266 Posts
I also had a problem with mine, but the dealer fixed it under warranty. It was an all day process and the frame for the seat had to be replaced.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Mine has been loose for a few months. Was waiting until it was really bad before letting the dealer handle it....glad it's not just my imagination.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts