Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd appreciate some input on how your auto up feature on the driver's window is working for you. With the window completely down, I need to hit the button a second time to get it to close by itself. On my wife's Accord, One pull of the button and you can release and forget. On the Ridgeline, a pull and quick release gets my window to the half-way mark. From there, a second pull will close it the rest of the way. Normal?

L

·
0 Posts
Mine has what you might call 2 speed. Pull the button lightly and it goes and stops where you want it. Pull it all the way up and it goes all the way up by itself. Same process for going down. Does that help?? :confused:

·
Registered
39 Posts
No complaints here on the drivers window. Works like a charm. :)

I am a little dissapointed in the auto roll down when using the key fab. It doesn't work unless you are real close (10ft) which doesn't give the "oven air time to escape.

L

·
0 Posts
I've been as far as 50ft and it worked for me. Maybe it depends on what's around you. Just a guess...I am electronically challenged. :eek:

·
Registered
39 Posts
ladyridge said:
I've been as far as 50ft and it worked for me. Maybe it depends on what's around you. Just a guess...I am electronically challenged. :eek:
You are probably right I just tried it from 50 ft away standing directly behind the truck and it worked but when I stepped to the side just a couple of feet ...nothing. :confused: Oh well it only going to be 107 today :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
The description by ladyridge is exactly how it works. Another thing to note is that the auto up feature on the driver's side window has a sensor that causes the window to return back down to the mid way point; it won't go all the way down, only half way. It kicks in if it "feels" something between the down position and shut position.

This acts as a safety device should you attempt to close the window with the auto up feature and your hand, arm, finger or whatever is in the way. It works too. In fact, it works too well. I installed window visors of the in-channel variety and sometimes (not always), the window will touch the in channel part of the visor and cause it to come back down to the mid way point. This feature is disabled if you "manually" close the window by holding the lever up to the first position and not going as far as the auto up mode.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Next time, hold it to your chin and you should get some range. A stereo buddy showed me that on alarm remotes. It works.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
JMT said:
Next time, hold it to your chin and you should get some range. A stereo buddy showed me that on alarm remotes. It works.
WHAT??? Are you joking?

·
Registered
39 Posts
steveberger said:
WHAT??? Are you joking?
No joke here...I learned that over twelve years ago. I've been as far as about 150' and the remote works that way.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
JMT said:
Are you supposed to open your mouth and stick out your tongue (like an antenna) as well? :p

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
What if you have a cavity filling? Does it matter if it's silver or gold? Perhaps thats what increases the range :p

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I'm afraid to try it. I know there is going to be someone who sees me and says, "look at that moron. He must have heard the old wives tale about holding it under your chin...Bwahhh ha ha... :mad: "

·
Registered
138 Posts
The chin method really does work. I've done it for years to extend the life of a dying remote battery.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
If you have a double-chin does it work twice as well? :eek:

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ladyridge said:
Mine has what you might call 2 speed. Pull the button lightly and it goes and stops where you want it. Pull it all the way up and it goes all the way up by itself. Same process for going down. Does that help?? :confused:
Thanks for your guidance. Tried your method and worked great. I guess I wasn't holding it long enough to make it close 100%. Once again, this great club prevented a possible trip to the dealer to have things checked out. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts