Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Ridgeline
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my '07 RTL last 12/31 after my Explorer was stolen. I just this week noticed the rubber badly worn as in the pic.
Anybody know how to replace the seal? My mechanic wants $450 for the job. There is an old thread about this, but sadly the instructions for replacement have come down. Thanks in advance
Car Automotive design Automotive exterior Auto part Personal luxury car

·
Registered
16 Posts
72315-SJC-306 and 72355-SJC-306 are the part numbers.

Special Tools Required
· KTC trim tool set SOJATP2014*

*Available through the American Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857

NOTE:

Put on gloves to protect your hands.

Take care not to bend or scratch the trim and panels.

Use the appropriate tool from the KTC trim tool set to avoid damage when prying components.

Pull out the fuel fill door opener knob (A), and detach the hooks (B) from the kick panel (C) and B-pillar lower trim (D), and pull the front door sill trim (E) up by hand to detach the clips (F) and a clip (G) (driver's), then remove it.

If necessary, pull the front threshold trim (H) up to detach the clips (I), then remove the trim.

Slope Rectangle Font Motor vehicle Parallel

Slope Parallel Auto part Font Rectangle

Remove the kick panel (A).

-1Pull out the door opening trim (B) as needed from the kick panel hooks (C) and the door opening flange.
-2Release the clip (D).
-3Pull the panel out by hand to detach the clip (E), then remove it. Driver's: Pull the panel back to release it from the hood release handle (F).

Font Line Map Art Slope

1. Detach the hooks (A) from the B-pillar lower trim (B) and rear seat side trim (C), and pull the rear door sill trim (D) up by hand to detach the clips (E), then remove it.
  2. If necessary, pull the rear threshold trim (F) up to detach the clips (G), then remove the trim.
  3. Remove the B-pillar lower trim.
Parallel Font Slope Rectangle Auto part

1. Pull out the front door opening trim (A) and rear door opening trim (B) from the trim hooks (C) and around the front and rear door opening flanges, then remove the trim.
  2. Remove these items:
    • Rear seat assembly
    • Rear trim panel
    • Rear seat belt upper anchor
    • C-pillar trim
    • Rear seat belt lower anchor
Font Auto part Elbow Circle Drawing

Font Auto part Parallel Diagram Drawing

1. Remove the clip (A). Pull out the rear seat side trim (B) to detach the clips (C), then remove the trim.
  2. Install the trim in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:
    • Check if the clips are damaged or stress-whitened, and if necessary, replace them with new ones.
    • Push the clips and hooks into place securely.
Slope Font Parallel Auto part Drawing

·
Registered
671 Posts
72315-SJC-306 and 72355-SJC-306 are the part numbers.

What is the difference in the two part numbers? Driver side and the other passenger side?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
24,057 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
24,057 Posts
I bought my '07 RTL last 12/31 after my Explorer was stolen. I just this week noticed the rubber badly worn as in the pic.
Anybody know how to replace the seal? My mechanic wants $450 for the job. There is an old thread about this, but sadly the instructions for replacement have come down. Thanks in advance
View attachment 427241
Looks to me like that's where the previous owner's big butt slid past the seal getting in and out of the truck! ;)

Reactions: S.T.U.V

·
Registered
2007 Ridgeline
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Turns out that the driver's door armrest is the culprit. Honda added reinforcement to that area to fix the problem. Parts houses only have rolls of universal door seal rubber. My Honda dealer in Washington wants $200. My wife has much better dexterity than I, so she is going to try wrapping black duct tape around the affected area. I will update once we give it a try.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts