Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple months ago, I started to notice an excessive amount of condensation on the inside of my windshield. After the temp dropped, there was more ice on the inside of my windshield than the outside. I noticed that the carpet was wet on the driver's side.
I took my truck into the dealership and they told me that the bottom driver's side of my windshield was leaking and had to be taken to a body shop to be repaired. They returned my truck after a week and said that it had been fixed.
Today, after not driving my truck for a few days, I noticed a small puddle on my rubber mat and the carpet was wet again.:act062:
I'm wondering if any other Ridgline owners have experienced this issue or if this is a one off.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Do you have a sunroof? If so, did they mention unclogging the drain?

Chip H.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No sunroof.
Correct about this being a known issue since the Ridge first came out.
This is actually the 3rd time that I've had leaking issues with mine. 1st time, it was leaking from the a pillar. 2nd time, was from the bottom of the windshield. 3rd time???
The carpet has been wet since November (probably before) and the interior smells like a wet dog.
I'm taking it in early next week and will be asking to have my carpet and foam underlay replaced. Hopefully they will do so, without making a big deal out of it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got my truck back from the dealer.
Apparently, they didn't find anything after taking the interior out and spraying it down with water. They did notice that the foam/carpet was wet and dried it out by running my truck with the heat on.
WTF?

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,670 Posts
Sometimes those leaks can be hard to find. I have one that typically only rears its ugly head in a downpour and if the RL is level or pointing uphill. I had the dealer look at it early on, and they thought they fixed it, but the scenario where mine shows the leak does not occur often. So the next time it showed up, the vehicle was way out of warranty.

Mine seems to leak behind the glove box and drips a tablespoon or three on my floor liner on the passenger side. I suspect an issue near the right lower side of the windshield seal.. but it's very hard to duplicate.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I'm guessing they are probably looking at this through the eyes of people that don't really want to find anything because it is warranty work.

Most towns have a shop that specializes in nothing but auto glass. Our Honda dealer takes all their "leaks" to this shop. You might try to locate somewhere similar and have them take a look.

It is possible the water is coming from elsewhere rather than the windshield. Water finds strange pathways. Based on the description, I would also suspect door seals and there have been numerous complaints about them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I pretty sure it happened after driving through some pretty deep puddles. It's probably leaking in slowly, which would make it hard to replicate/diagnose. They would need to take out the carpet, spray water underneath the truck and wait.

The actual work was not done at the dealership but at a body shop. I'm not sure if the body shop they are using, is doing an adequate job. All I know is, they left my truck running with the heat on to dry out the carpet, for quite a while. When I picked up my truck, my fuel consumption was almost 30L/100km (sorry Canada).

I live in Vancouver, where it rains a lot (probably for the next 5 months or so). I'm sure it will happen again in the very near future and when it does I will be taking it back in. I would like to get my carpet/underlay replaced, as I'm worried about mould.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Stay after it, and try for sure to get it fixed before warranty runs out. Those things can be a nuisance to solve.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,670 Posts
Most towns have a shop that specializes in nothing but auto glass. Our Honda dealer takes all their "leaks" to this shop.
That was true for my leak as well... the dealer had me take it to a local auto glass shop. Unfortunately, they had trouble duplicating the issue which only Mother Nature seems able to do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts