Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes I get minor rattle, not even sure if it qualifies as a rattle, at the top of my drivers side window, when the window is rolled up tightly against the molding. If I unseat the window from the molding, just a smidgen, then the rattle goes away. It really isn't any big deal, but sometimes it is enough to make me wonder. Has anyone noticed this on their RTL, or am I hearing things?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Nick said:
Sometimes I get minor rattle, not even sure if it qualifies as a rattle, at the top of my drivers side window, when the window is rolled up tightly against the molding. If I unseat the window from the molding, just a smidgen, then the rattle goes away. It really isn't any big deal, but sometimes it is enough to make me wonder. Has anyone noticed this on their RTL, or am I hearing things?
Had the exact same symptoms on my Ody but it turned out to be the weather stripping making the noise. I simply sprayed some Silicone on rubber stripping all the way around and the noise has never been back.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I noticed this on my RTL the other day. If I bumped the door with my elbow, I can make it rattle a little bit. Normally, I don't hear it but if I'm driving over a bumpy road at just the right speed, I can hear it a bit. I plan to just add it to the list of things I want fixed the next time I take it in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have noticed when my windows are rolled down and then shutting the door that the windows rattle excessively. More so on the front doors than the rear doors. I believe this is also the cause of a small vibration noise I hear in the door when driving.

Asked Dealer to check when I had the truck in for 7500 service. The line I got from them was that this was "normal" and is the same on all trucks. We tested several and sure enough they all rattled. Also noted the same problem in the Honda Pilot. The dealer says no adjustment to fix although they can not explain why the rear doors seem to have less of a problem then the front doors.

I find this very annoying.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Have you noticed that the seal at the base of the windows doesn't actually touch the glass? On every other vehicle I've owned if you rolled down the window when it had condensation on it, it would pretty much wipe it off. The RL doesn't even make a mark. Possible connection to the rattle problem?

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Webwader said:
Have you noticed that the seal at the base of the windows doesn't actually touch the glass? On every other vehicle I've owned if you rolled down the window when it had condensation on it, it would pretty much wipe it off. The RL doesn't even make a mark. Possible connection to the rattle problem?
It really ticks me off that the seal doesn't act as a squeegee like all of the other vehicles I've owned in the last 35 years. I work the night shift and there's generally dew and/or frost on my windows when it's time to go home. Even now, after 5,000 miles, I roll the windows down in an attempt to clear them. Old habits are hard to break.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I don't think I have ever owned a Honda product that cleared the window by rolling them down.

I utilize one of two work-arounds: I keep a $3 squeegy in the truck or in a pinch roll down the window while appling slight out-ward pressure.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Nick said:
Hi Nick, I'd take her back and have this checked.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the same rattle, same door. I'll be taking it in on Tuesday to see what they can do. I'll post and let you know what the dealership said/did.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the same drivers side only rattle over bumpy roads. Dealer couldn't duplicate it though and would not let me ride along with them.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Zlash said:
Dealer couldn't duplicate it though and would not let me ride along with them.
I'm sure that I would have offered some choice advice if the dealership, or anyone else, told me that I couldn't ride along in my truck. I'm sure it's all about liability but I'll decide who will and will not ride in my truck. :cool:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have a rattle right by the driver door lock (part that moves up and down when you lock/unlock). It only rattles when the stock sub hits and I don't even have it turned up. If I push the door skin outward, it will stop. It's DRIVING ME CRAZY. I am going to have to take it apart to find out what it is.

Did anyone find out what it is for sure?

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
The passenger side of my truck had a loose bolt inside the door which rattled around pretty good. I think it was for the window track.

My last car was a '98 Honda Civic that had the window track come loose a couple times and I heard that was a common problem on Honda power windows at the time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts