Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever noticed that drivers who drive beat up,crappy, old, or ugly vehicles drive with total disregard for anyone else!

On the way home from work today, a guy in a beat up Chevy Astro decided to make a lane change, left by the way, without looking over his, hell , without looking period! I have never hit my horn so fast. I damn near punched a hole in the steering colume.

This guy really had his head up his backside! Fortunately, he reacted quickly and stayed in his original lane until I past and got as far away from him as I could. What a scare! :eek:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Well, we could make this generalization about any number of people/cars. I would list some examples... but I won't. :) I think it's safe to say that some people don't drive the way they should, and I don't think the type of car they are driving at the moment will change that behavior.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I see more of an affect with crap vehicles in parking lots. They don't care, they try to ding or bump your cars.

I have a general distaste for parking lots, there are so many jerks who don't appreciate those who take great care of and love their cars.

I saw a lady the other day throw open her piece of crap chevy and ding the **** out of a brand new A8L door and then went inside like nothing happened. She was a TOTAL FRIGGIN IDIOT.

I really dislike people like her... :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Toobuku - It's too much of a generalization, especially considering where you are driving. I have driven my share of crappy vehicles and I like to think I was a good driver. But I do pay more attention now with my Ridgeline than I ever have with any other vehicle. You gotta watch out for those mothers with 3 kids and a cell phone, going better than 75 only because they are in a new vehicle that can do it with no effort and they don't notice.

There is another thread here talking about how many people are unaware of the distance required to stop a speeding vehicle. I see craziness every day and the freeway here (SB) is as easy to drive as it gets ( I learned to drive growing up in SFV).

BE SAFE OUT THERE!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree with the parking lot comment. Years ago my wife and I were on the way home from the dealer with a brand new Plymouth Horizon (hey, I said it was years ago), and naturally parked way out in the parking lot of the supermarket. There wasn't a car within 100 feet of me! Some moron pulled his beat-up old Ford over for a closer look at the new car and HIT IT! He tore the bumber completely off and did almost $3000 in damage! The car did not have 25 miles on it!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think the common denominator in all these cases is not the condition or price of the vehicle, but that so many people have a "Horray for me the heck with you attitude". :confused: :( The individual that tries to make a left turn in front of you is the same guy who lets his door slam against yours in the parking lot and is the same guy who blocks the whole aisle with his shopping cart in the grocery store. He's the same guy with 15 items in the express "12 items or less" lane. The fact is he just doesn't care.

Maybe I'm becoming a crothety old man but the older I get the more frustrated I get at these people and their attitude that the rest of us are only here to serve them and their needs!

We're all in this together and the more respect we can show for each other, the easier the ride will be. IMHO.

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Grok Lobster said:
Toobuku - It's too much of a generalization, especially considering where you are driving. I have driven my share of crappy vehicles and I like to think I was a good driver. But I do pay more attention now with my Ridgeline than I ever have with any other vehicle. You gotta watch out for those mothers with 3 kids and a cell phone, going better than 75 only because they are in a new vehicle that can do it with no effort and they don't notice.

There is another thread here talking about how many people are unaware of the distance required to stop a speeding vehicle. I see craziness every day and the freeway here (SB) is as easy to drive as it gets ( I learned to drive growing up in SFV).

BE SAFE OUT THERE!
You're telling me! :D That is the business I've been in when it comes to bad drivers. Just needed to vent a bit because the guy never turned his neck or looked unto his mirror long enough to see me. Had I not moved over the bit that I did, The Ridgeline Raider would be in the body shop right now!

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Redridgerock said:
I think the common denominator in all these cases is not the condition or price of the vehicle, but that so many people have a "Horray for me the heck with you attitude". :confused: :( The individual that tries to make a left turn in front of you is the same guy who lets his door slam against yours in the parking lot and is the same guy who blocks the whole aisle with his shopping cart in the grocery store. He's the same guy with 15 items in the express "12 items or less" lane. The fact is he just doesn't care.

Maybe I'm becoming a crothety old man but the older I get the more frustrated I get at these people and their attitude that the rest of us are only here to serve them and their needs!

We're all in this together and the more respect we can show for each other, the easier the ride will be. IMHO.
Amen brother! Bad karma will follow bad people, trust me on this!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Defensive driving has taken a new meaning in the highways and biways lately. The bottom line is, not with my Ridgeline you don't!!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Careful now.... I see you're in Southern California. The Ridgeline might be considered by many to be a *crappy* vehicle, seeing as how all the beautiful people around here seem to drive Hummers and Cayennes.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Damn poor people, driving their beaters with reckless carefree abandon. :D

There are fringe benefits to driving a beater. It strikes fear into the hearts in people with new cars. The poor's revenge on the rich.

I confess, I drive my 87 corolla differently than I drive my Ridgeline. If I see a Mercedez 600 series take up 2 parking spaces, I'll do my best to park as close as possible. :D I can't stand parking snobbery.

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nox said:
Careful now.... I see you're in Southern California. The Ridgeline might be considered by many to be a *crappy* vehicle, seeing as how all the beautiful people around here seem to drive Hummers and Cayennes.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! I don't consider myself unattractive. I don't have Hummer funds plus I drive too much. So, for my hard earned money, My Ridgeline is my Hummer or Cayennes! People will respect that! :D

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ridge said:
Damn poor people, driving their beaters with reckless carefree abandon. :D

There are fringe benefits to driving a beater. It strikes fear into the hearts in people with new cars. The poor's revenge on the rich.

I confess, I drive my 87 corolla differently than I drive my Ridgeline. If I see a Mercedez 600 series take up 2 parking spaces, I'll do my best to park as close as possible. :D I can't stand parking snobbery.
I confess, parking snobbery tends to make me think evil thoughts but I just think them. A classless person will take care of the snob for me.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Toobuku said:
I confess, parking snobbery tends to make me think evil thoughts but I just think them. A classless person will take care of the snob for me.
Sure, let someone else take up your slack. It's all of our responsibility to help Porshe owners to get over their snobbery. :D

·
Registered
480 Posts
jrebot said:
I see more of an affect with crap vehicles in parking lots. They don't care, they try to ding or bump your cars.

I have a general distaste for parking lots, there are so many jerks who don't appreciate those who take great care of and love their cars.

I saw a lady the other day throw open her piece of crap chevy and ding the **** out of a brand new A8L door and then went inside like nothing happened. She was a TOTAL FRIGGIN IDIOT.

I really dislike people like her... :mad: :mad:
I would have copied her plate No. & stuck it under the guys windshield wiper with a note how his door dings got there.

I have only once in my lifetime dinged someones car & that was purely because the A-hole parked so close to my vehicle I couldn't get in otherwise, also he parked crooked in a longer vehicle so his rear bumper was preventing me from backing straight out.

It took my 5 minutes to manipulate my truck out of the spot I was in (& I was well between my lines on both sides) can't say that about the other two vehicles that pulled in while I ws shopping.

People are so frigging inconsiderate & mean.

had my Porsche keyed at work the 1st month I had it (2 different times by the same guy) - drug his key from each tailight down the bumper, through my car cover) didn't break paint but made an impression in the bumper 1800.00 damage (think I know who it was - a jealous co-worker).

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
UglyDuck said:
I would have copied her plate No. & stuck it under the guys windshield wiper with a note how his door dings got there.

I have only once in my lifetime dinged someones car & that was purely because the A-hole parked so close to my vehicle I couldn't get in otherwise, also he parked crooked in a longer vehicle so his rear bumper was preventing me from backing straight out.

It took my 5 minutes to manipulate my truck out of the spot I was in (& I was well between my lines on both sides) can't say that about the other two vehicles that pulled in while I ws shopping.

People are so frigging inconsiderate & mean.

had my Porsche keyed at work the 1st month I had it (2 different times by the same guy) - drug his key from each tailight down the bumper, through my car cover) didn't break paint but made an impression in the bumper 1800.00 damage (think I know who it was - a jealous co-worker).
If you could park by a camera and report him that would be great. If catch him in person doing it I know what I would want to do, but would make a citizens arrest for felony vandalism and pray he tries to escape arrest! ;)

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ridge said:
Sure, let someone else take up your slack. It's all of our responsibility to help Porshe owners to get over their snobbery. :D
I'm a believer that bad karma follows bad people! ;)

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I hear all your complaints, today, i was cut off by a beat up Grandpa mobile basically, a large retangular shape 80's car with wheels and the driver was this punk kid who freakin cut me off. i then follow him down the street and he started cutting people off. Well good think i got his make and model down with license plate number and called the sheriff station. reported a reckless driver in a vehicle driving south on this street i was driving...whalla a deputy vehicles pops out and pull the punk kid to side. Actually the deputy the pulled the car over is someone i see everyday at work...gave him a wave and turn off to go home...i was :D the whole way home.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I hear all your complaints, today, i was cut off by a beat up Grandpa mobile basically, a large retangular shape 80's car with wheels and the driver was this punk kid who freakin cut me off. i then follow him down the street and he started cutting people off. Well good thing i got his make and model down with license plate number and called the sheriff station. reported a reckless driver in a vehicle driving south on this street i was driving...whalla a deputy vehicles pops out and pull the punk kid to side. Actually the deputy the pulled the car over is someone i see everyday at work...gave him a wave and turn off to go home...i was :D the whole way home.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts