Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I have a 07 RL. After a couple of years I started to hear a bad "metal on metal" noice from the right hand side when turning right and accelerate from a full stopp.
I've had the car at three different dealers to get them to fix the problem, but they all say that it is because it's been lifted, and that it dosn't matter..

It matters to me, problem is, I do not know what is wrong..

Also, the front right wheel is rubbing aigainst the mud apron when turning left.

Can anybody help me?

- There is probably som miss spelling here because this is not my language...:=)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Not sure what the question is. It appears your lift is causing your axle to rub and larger tires are causing the tires to rub. ???
You can easily end all of that by returning to stock configuration. Otherwise, you're dealing with accommodation of some sort, which is for you to decide (e.g. live with it, further customize, etc. etc.). If you're asking how to further customize to remove this problem, I'm not your guy. Maybe others can help. ;)

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Agree with Dnick -- your suspension/wheel changes are causing these parts to rub. Either live with it, or explore additional changes to prevent it from rubbing in those places.

Chip H.

·
Registered
56 Posts
From your last pic, it sure seems like the drive shaft is rubbing up against the sway bar link.

That may very well be the metal to metal sound you are hearing.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,344 Posts
Yes,

Clearly your axle shafts are rubbing the sway bar connection to the end link. As I recall, different endlinks are required with a lift?? Perhaps he doesn't have the correct length end links installed?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure what the question is. It appears your lift is causing your axle to rub and larger tires are causing the tires to rub. ???
You can easily end all of that by returning to stock configuration. Otherwise, you're dealing with accommodation of some sort, which is for you to decide (e.g. live with it, further customize, etc. etc.). If you're asking how to further customize to remove this problem, I'm not your guy. Maybe others can help. ;)
Hi! Thnx for your reply! Having som language barriers here..

The lift was not causing any problems the first 5 years. The rubbing of the DS started after a hard inpact with a curb. (Even the rim was broken)

I guess the question is: What part do I have to change to get the fron tire back to the right posision? I guess were talking only a few millimeters...

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
If this started happening after the repairs from your accident, then the repairs weren't done correctly. Take it back and have them put your Ridgeline back on the measuring machine to see if the body is straight.

Chip H.

·
Registered
869 Posts
The lift kit requires shorter links, not sure if this is even possible but maybe the link was damaged and they replaced it with the "wrong" one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First off, after I hit the curb I had the wheels messured, and everything was in perfect order, no mechanical works needed.

Second: I have reasently changed the links, whith the correct shorter type, the original won't fit...

Is there a posibillity that the controll arm has gotten a miner bend?

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
At this point, "internet forum help" isn't going to help you. You need to contact a mechanic or body-shop that can put their hands on the vehicle to check it out.

Chip H.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
At this point, "internet forum help" isn't going to help you. You need to contact a mechanic or body-shop that can put their hands on the vehicle to check it out.

Chip H.
TOTALLY AGREE!!!

And since we have no idea where you're located, we have no suggestions of where you could go to get that completed

1 - 12 of 12 Posts