Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to pop in and make some comments about driving other trucks....I got a rental Ram Hemi over a week ago and yes it was fun driving at least for awhile, got good gas millage if I drove it normal (that's hard to do with this beast) about average a 19.5 highway/city. That's about the only thing I liked about it, way to big for this ole man, rode nice and quite but getting in and out well let's just say it was a ball buster...
Had to return to Enterprise due to Honda not paying for insurance after having for a week and asked for a smaller truck after setting in a new F150, which I liked how the front end gave me more visibility but decided on the Nissan Frontier which had about 5000 miles on it. After driving this truck I'll just use a term my Dad used to say...a bit tinny .... seems to have good power, 4.0 engine with about 265-270 Hp and drives Ok but plenty of engine sound. Small crew cabin and not near as comfortable as my RL. and while it has a arm rest similar to RL not as big and elbow barely fits resting on it and not very comfortable. Bed is smaller and did I mention interior is cheap looking...
So thanks Honda for the opportunity to test other's, some have said it could be a bad thing but so far my experience has been good for Honda..

· Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
24,671 Posts
What's up with the insurances issue? Is that something that varies state to state? My insurance guy said that as long as Honda was paying the bill, I had full coverage (assumed equal to what I pay for with my own insured vehicles). The only hiccup was whether or not I had to go back in and get new paperwork every 14 days. But that also turned out to be a non-issue since Honda is paying the bill.

I guess there's no uniformity in the insurance business either.

· Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Honda dealer came and picked me up, went to dealer to sign waiver and then they took me to Enterprise. Guy at Enterprise when I questioned him about insurance called Honda and was told it's on them....never had to show my insurance...fast forward call from Enterprise telling me Honda will not cover the insurance part so it's on my insurance as far as liability but Honda is paying for the rental...

· Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,815 Posts
We have a 2010 Ford Fusion we inherited and use as a run around. 40K on clock and looks new. Ford sent us notification of a recall for the airbag. Put 30,000 miles on rentals when my Ridgeline was parked waiting for parts, and it looks like I may put another 15,000 on rentals while the Ford is parked.
Haven't been driving my '14 Ridgeline much as the rental gets 30mpg's and I don't need the miles. Took out the Ridge this weekend for a long drive and it felt like a race horse after the bare bones Hyundai rental. I forgot how much fun the Ridgeline is to drive :smile:

Reactions: speedlever
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.