Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if the G2 drives a lot smoother than the G1. I drove the G2 FWD yesterday, and it was really smooth and refined. It was like driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee. That being said, I'm wondering if a slightly used G1 would offer a similar experience. I'm not usually into buying new, so I would appreciate anyone that has driven both to comment on the similarities and differences between the G1 and G2.

TIA

·
Registered
46 Posts
I traded in a "slightly used" G1 (2014 SE with 19K miles) for the RTL-E. Totally better, smoother, quieter ride with softer and more comfortable seats. It is a different vehicle. Better acceleration and better MPG.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would add that there's a distinct difference in the handling particularly if you have a chance to drive in the mountains. Not that the handling for the G1 was horrible by any means, in fact it was something I admired about my first RL right away after I bought one. But I do recommend driving the the G2 through some S curves or better yet hairpins to compare and discover for yourself how much of an improvement was made. Personally I think the stability while negotiating through tight curves in the road at speed in the G2 is more like what you typically could expect from a sports car. The comment my wife made was she was surprised by the absence of any sliding in the seat through corners that she would notice at times while riding in the G1. I understand that some of that is due to differences in the design of the seat itself but it's also a reflection of the improvements that were made to the suspension.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
I have made the Dragon run several times in each of my GEN 1 RLs. Anxious to see how the GEN 2 performs,

Attachments

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Here are several of the ROC's finest doing the Dragon in 2008 or 2009.

Attachments

Reactions: Jbgreen10
1 - 7 of 7 Posts