Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

DRL Relay Replacement

14K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  benmccoy160 
#1 ·
My DRL's have quit burning and the fuse is ok. I have been told there is a relay in the system but have not been able to get any clear information on how to replace it or exactly where it is. There certainly appears to be no definitive pictures or threads on the forum for this problem. Can anyone help me out ? I have the '09 Ridgeline RTS.

#3 ·
Do you have any other symptoms or problems associated with the failure of your DRLs such as a warning light or message? If the only symptom you have is that your DRLs don't come on, then PLEASE share what you found to be the "problem" so that I can BREAK mine! There are times I do NOT want my DRLs on. Even though DRLs are NOT required in the United States, dealers won't disable them unless you're law enforcement.

#5 ·
I realize this is an old link and I also realize that technology may have changed a bit.... I have replaced my DRLs with LEDs on my 2012 Ridgeline. Now, one works and the other does not. I thought it may be the low draw from the bulbs so I installed a load resistor on the drivers side. This did not change the outcome. I then installed another load resistor on the passenger side. No change of outcome. The side that works is the passenger side. I tried both bulbs and they both work in the passenger side. I truly cannot figure it out. Any ideas?

#6 ·