Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my RL in to have the windshield replaced today for the wind noise (whistling) issue. They got me a rental to drive, Pontiac Grand Am with 19,200 miles on it. It's always good to be reminded why I buy Honda! :D

Hoping to get the RL back tonight, but it's not looking good as it's getting late in the day and no word from Honda yet.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Please let us know if the replacement fixes the problem, and if it looks like factory.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I had my windshield replaced (under waranty) because it cracked in the lower right corner, through the heater wires. It looked perfect when it came back. I couldn't tell they were in my truck except the glove box slammed open till I snapped the piston back on. No noise, but then I never had that.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One of the parts (a seal, maybe?) didn't come in, even though it showed up on their computer as coming in, so they had to overnight it. Hopefully I'll get back a quieter truck today.

My whistling was intermittent, so it may take me a few days to tell for sure if it fixes it.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went to pick up my RL last night. First thing I checked was the glove box, and sure enough, they had left the piston off. Thanks to the other ROC members who mentioned this. You guys just saved me a 45 minute drive for a 1 minute fix!

The windshield install looked excellent. Didn't see any problems visually. They still had the top part taped and left instructions not to remove for 24 hours. Also said not to wash for 24 hours, but I'm waiting longer than that. I'd say the weekend at the earliest.

The tape was making a lot of noise blowing in the wind, so I haven't been able to determine if the whistling is fixed or not. My noise was intermittent to begin with, so it'll take a week or two for me to have confidence that the noise is gone.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jch said:
Please let us know if the replacement fixes the problem, and if it looks like factory.
It's been a full week and I would say the replacement definately fixed the problem. In fact, even the normal noise (not just the whistling) seems quieter, but that may be due to driving the Grand Am rental for 2 days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts