Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my silver Ridgeline last night..added a nice chrome tip on the exhaust and am searching for aftermarket rims..I am keeping my tires anybody have any luck with 17 inch wheels? Selections are scarce..

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Congratulations! I'm glad to see you went for it. Please post your early impressions to remind all of us oldtime owners what those first few days of admiring your new truck is like.

Oh, yeah. I still admire mine everyday. I haven't forgotten what the feelings are like. I wonder when the honeymoon will be over.

Post photos too.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Congrats on your wise choice! I am sure you will enjoy it as much as us!

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congratulations on your new truck.

·
Registered
265 Posts
AMLEO said:
Picked up my silver Ridgeline last night..added a nice chrome tip on the exhaust and am searching for aftermarket rims..I am keeping my tires anybody have any luck with 17 inch wheels? Selections are scarce..
I have been on a quest for some nice 17" wheels for a few months now. I really like the look and ride of the OEM Michelins, but want something a little sporty for the wheels. The RL's needs a 17 x 7.5 , 5/120 , 45 mm offset wheel. There are some wheels available in this size, but the tirerack.com , and discount tire direct informed me that the caliper clearance, and center bore would not match up. It seems our truck's bolt pattern is the same as some late model BMWs, but the RL needs more clearance within the wheel.....

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Well let me be the first fellow Silver Ridgeline owner to welcome you (you chose the right color you know!). Let us know how you like it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rtpjunior said:
I have been on a quest for some nice 17" wheels for a few months now. I really like the look and ride of the OEM Michelins, but want something a little sporty for the wheels. The RL's needs a 17 x 7.5 , 5/120 , 45 mm offset wheel. There are some wheels available in this size, but the tirerack.com , and discount tire direct informed me that the caliper clearance, and center bore would not match up. It seems our truck's bolt pattern is the same as some late model BMWs, but the RL needs more clearance within the wheel.....
I am also on a quest now..I just wanted some simple all black amercian racing or eagle alloys..I am not crazy with the spoke look and less impressed with the low profile..I thought maybe we could jam a p265x70x17 AT..No Way it would fit in the front..let me know if u get lucky..the search continues..

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Congrats on the new truck. Welcome to the growing mass of Ridgeline owners. Now if we could alone see each other on the highway. I swear there must be some sort of singularity that forms around Ridgelines which prevent them from being on the highway together. Again I saw the black Ridgeline on Route 2 and I was in the Civic. The only time I have seen a Ridgeline while in one was either at the dealer or had dealer plates on it.

·
Registered
460 Posts
its a rare vehicle.....millions of other cars on the road, only 50-80000 RL's will even be produced this year. divide that by major market areas and you have few to be seen. but hey, that makes us a rare breed :cool: , atleast for now. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
46 Posts
good move .....way to go.... :cool:

L

·
0 Posts
GO SILVER. Oh..sorry..I did it again. :eek:
Congratulations and welcome to the ROC family. We're glad you're here.

( dont forget to vote for your color ) :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jeffiam said:
AMLEO, so how does the RL compare to the TUNDRA in your opinion?
welocme aboard. :cool:
Well hard to say..the Tundra had 33's tires, V8, with flowmaster exhaust just fun to blast around..but I needed more cab space than bed..I am still adjusting to bieng at ground level..but the Ridge is much more practical for me and the ride doesn't compare..The interior offers more than Tundra but the Toyota gives more accessories stock than Honda..30K and no fog lights..

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
captmiddy said:
The only time I have seen a Ridgeline while in one was either at the dealer or had dealer plates on it.
Recently, I have seen a Steel Blue going the opposite direction during my morning drive to work. There is a wide divider on the road so I have not had the opportunity to give the "thumbs up" signal. Still, it is rare to see one while I'm in mine. I'm sure things will change.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
AMLEO, Can you post a photo of the tailpipe tip? Is it a bolt on unit? Does it aim
down like the stocker? Thanks :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Will post a photo when able..but I went to a local Flowmaster dealer and had a nice chrome oblong and oval shaped tip that is flush with the rear bumper..nice touch..had the same dual pipes on my tundra..Now stuggling with tires..I was afraid to put an exhaust catback system on because the truck only has a six cylinder..My V-8 had a nice sound..dont want the ridge to sound like a low-rider..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts