1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wish me luck,

I am dropping off the RL tomorrow for the following (hopefully final trip):

Squeaky wheel - started around 1000 miles now I have 1500 miles

Not an ashtray - told them about it another time I took it in and they said all their RLs on the lot popped when you open it. This time I am going to make sure they fix it. It is starting to scratch the edge of the console below where it is catching.

Alignment - Not happy with the tracking, just floats too much. I already told them about this another time, but all they did was straighten the wheel. (wheel was turned left while driving straight) They didn't put it up on the alignment rack, they just drove it around and put 27 miles on my truck and told me it was fine. This time I am going to tell them, don't drive it just check it on the rack. If not I will take it to a alignment shop and send them the bill.

Driver Door rattles when you shut it with window open - Don't know if this is from factory or when they fixed a dent in the door while fixing the rear door alignment. No other door does it.

Kevin

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
hkmail1 said:
Not an ashtray - told them about it another time I took it in and they said all their RLs on the lot popped when you open it. This time I am going to make sure they fix it. It is starting to scratch the edge of the console below where it is catching.
I had this problem too, only mine wouldn't open at all unless you push in at the bottom. They ordered a new "not an ashtray" which didn't fix it, so they ordered the trim piece around it (said it was warped). The new trim piece was the wrong color, so they had to order another one. They ordered a new windshield at the same time for the whistling noise, so it isn't like I wasted a trip into town at least.

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
swampler said:
I had this problem too, only mine wouldn't open at all unless you push in at the bottom. They ordered a new "not an ashtray" which didn't fix it, so they ordered the trim piece around it (said it was warped). The new trim piece was the wrong color, so they had to order another one. They ordered a new windshield at the same time for the whistling noise, so it isn't like I wasted a trip into town at least.
I have been reading about the problems some of you have been having about that piece of equipment in your RL's and I'm sorry I can't see or feel your pain! :) What I mean by that is that it isn't easy to open with a thumb and index finger but it's not difficult for me to open it the way swampler does it. It's effort less to me. May I humbly suggest hand strengthening with power putty and manipulation drills of some sort. In my profession I use these tools and drills so I have no problem with the 'not an ashtray' door. :)

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Toobuku said:
I have been reading about the problems some of you have been having about that piece of equipment in your RL's and I'm sorry I can't see or feel your pain! :) What I mean by that is that it isn't easy to open with a thumb and index finger but it's not difficult for me to open it the way swampler does it. It's effort less to me. May I humbly suggest hand strengthening with power putty and manipulation drills of some sort. In my profession I use these tools and drills so I have no problem with the 'not an ashtray' door. :)
It isn't something I'd pay to fix if I'd bought the truck used years from now, but after paying $30k for a brand new vehicle, I expect it to work the way it should. Being able to open it is completely irrelevant! :mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts