Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a Forest Mist Metallic RTL-E today and drove it home.

Observations: Bed is definitely much more shallow than my R1. Much. Won't be able to load as much stuff in the back. Trunk is also quite a bit smaller. There is a sense that the cabin is smaller. I know it is supposed to be larger, but it doesn't seem that way. Back doors don't open anywhere near as far as the R1. Will be harder to load stuff and the dog. Looks and feels like a smaller truck than the R1.

Drives like a dream. Various electronics will take some getting used to, but seem reasonably intuitive to me. So far, quite happy to move from the 2006 R1 to the 2017 R2.

Incidentally, one dealer refused to sell me one until 6/24, but two others had no problem at all and the dealer I was buying from sold a Black Edition while I was there.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
We don't believe you unless their are pictures. :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Congratulations Lifesaver 1! Looking forward to seeing pictures of your new baby! What are you going to do with your Silver RTL? Being in Cali...are you going to customize anything? Rims??

·
Registered
267 Posts
Congrats on the purchase.

I'm interested in an RTL-E and would like your impressions of a few items:

• Using the touch screen for audio volume/tuning/mode (yes I know there are steering wheel controls. I'm curious as to how precise the screen is while driving.)
  • Impression of the digital speedometer.
Thanks
David

·
Registered
682 Posts
can you change destinations in the nav while moving? honda accord owners complain about the honda nannies not allowing this

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats on the purchase.

I'm interested in an RTL-E and would like your impressions of a few items:

• Using the touch screen for audio volume/tuning/mode (yes I know there are steering wheel controls. I'm curious as to how precise the screen is while driving.)
  • Impression of the digital speedometer.
Thanks
David
I read the bad reviews of the display screen and volume. If you use apps on your phone to any degree, this screen is really quite easy to master. You're right that the volume on the steering wheel is easier to use. I've been able to use the volume on the screen pretty easily. Need more time to really opine. One thing for sure: The screen is loaded with fingerprints immediately and they are very obvious in the sun. There is also a reflection problem depending on the angle of the sun.

Digital speedometer seems very good to me. Among other things, no question about speed when you set the cruise.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
can you change destinations in the nav while moving? honda accord owners complain about the honda nannies not allowing this
I don't know. Haven't tried. I will say that the Garmin navigation seems pretty good. It includes traffic information and the posted speed limit, which I didn't know was possible. I'm not sure if it shows alternate routes though. Haven't checked.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Went by the local dealership this morning and saw a RTL E sitting there with a price tag in the window. It's now sitting in my garage. I bought a 2007 RL 10 years ago and sold it recently to make way for the new one. It's only been a couple of hours since I took delivery but I am really liking it at this point.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Looks good! Also looks like you have the same problem I do - won't fit in my garage if I do get one!

Reactions: 1154

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks good! Also looks like you have the same problem I do - won't fit in my garage if I do get one!
I actually purposely left enough space in front so I could more easily remove the dealership ad tag and license plate frame. I moved it into the same spot I used to park my 2007 RL in and consumes roughly the same amount of space. In terms of the sound system, it's awesome. I was curious about the bed speakers and the sound is very impressive. I expect someone asking me to please lower the volume in the future. I had the upgrade stereo in my old RL with the factory installed sub woofer and the system in the RTL E is much better sounding, I would also recommend people experience the touchscreen interface first hand before jumping to any conclusions. Is it somewhat Complicated? Yes but it also has a lot of capabilities so it's only natural that there's a bit of a learning curve. Like most electronic components it helps to read the manual and invest time getting to know your way around before making a decision about whether you like it.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts