Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a company yesterday that makes a good quality premium rotor for a RL. They sell cheaper economy rotors on Ebay, but after contacting them they added the RL to their website so I could order the Premium rotors. The premiums are powdercoated and come from a centric cast blank. I paid $280 for all four cross-drilled rotors. I didn't think my driving style called for the slotted. I'll post pics when I mount them this weekend.
http://www.drt-sport.com/

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I found a company yesterday that makes a good quality premium rotor for a RL. They sell cheaper economy rotors on Ebay, but after contacting them they added the RL to their website so I could order the Premium rotors. The premiums are powdercoated and come from a centric cast blank. I paid $280 for all four cross-drilled rotors. I didn't think my driving style called for the slotted. I'll post pics when I mount them this weekend.
http://www.drt-sport.com/
fft fft fft fft fft fft fft fft fftfft fft fftfft fft fftfft fft fftfft fft fftfft fft fftfft fft fftfft fft fftfft fft fftfft fft fftfft fft fftfft fft fftfft fft fftfft fft fftfft fft fftfft fft fftfft fft fftfft fft fftfft fft fftfft fft fftfft fft fftfft fft fftfft fft fftfft fft fftfft fft fftfft fft fftfft fft fftfft fft fftfft fft fftfft fft fftfft fft fftfft fft fftfft fft fftfft fft fftfft fft fftfft fft fftfft fft fftfft fft fftfft fft fftfft fft fftfft fft fftfft fft fft

you'll understand what I mean this weekend

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, you have tried these before?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is this Truck specific? This is my first truck, but I have had several Hondas in my life, most recent a 94 integra gsr, and had bembro cross-drilled and slotted with that and they were the quietest brakes I have ever owned. The owner of DRT told me he has 10k on his Pilot with the premium rotors with better breaking and absolutely no noise. Maybe he BSed me, but I hope not. I didn't find any other thread were some complained about rotor noise on cross drilled rotors. Thanks though.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I put the rotors on today, and I was really impressed with the quality, and the tour the owner gave me of his shop. So far very quiet and no fft fft fft fft, can't hear much anyway over the K&N/exhaust setup I have. I drove around awhile and after breaking them in and it seems more responsive stopping over the stock brakes. Not bad for $370 (rotors and pads) excluding shipping. It's nice getting good quality and not paying more for a name like the EBC's. Here's some pics, sorry about the dirty wheel, it rained all week. Honda wheel badges will be here in a day or two.

Attachments

·
Registered
959 Posts
I put the rotors on today, and I was really impressed with the quality, and the tour the owner gave me of his shop. So far very quiet and no fft fft fft fft, can't hear much anyway over the K&N/exhaust setup I have. I drove around awhile and after breaking them in and it seems more responsive stopping over the stock brakes. Not bad for $370 (rotors and pads) excluding shipping. It's nice getting good quality and not paying more for a name like the EBC's. Here's some pics, sorry about the dirty wheel, it rained all week. Honda wheel badges will be here in a day or two.
Just checked out their website. I might pull the trigger and order the premium cross-drilled rotors and some pads. Thanks for the post!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No problem. It was impressive to see the difference in quality between the economy and premium. (owner gave me a little tour). I think it is a quality product that is decent priced.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I've put a couple thousand miles on them, and am quite pleased with them. Now that they are broken in, the Ridge stopping response is definitely better than stock. I work with someone with an 08 RTL, and he noticed right away the difference. I don't think anyone would be disappointed buying these rotors and pads. I drove down to Shrewsbury, PA a few weeks ago and was put into a situation where I had to brake fast doing 80 mph. A tractor trailer in front of me jack-knifed while trying to avoid a disable car in the left lane. Since it was close to midnight, I guess he didn't see him until he was on top of him. I hit the brakes pretty hard and drove into the media and the abs didn't even kick in. My wife said it was like riding in my old RX8 again. We are very impressed how nimble and responsive the RL can be.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Cgem, what kind of wheels are those? I'm shopping and I like the look of those. :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here's a pic. There is a little rust where the pad doesn't make contact with the rotor. Alexander was right too about the air passing through the rotors at speeds about 40 mph. I only hear it though if I am driving next to something like a jersy barrier.

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
The noise doesn't surprise me, performance parts are made to perform. Noise would be a secondary factor. I'd like to see what they look like on your ride. Do you have pics of the whole truck? (I know you'd hate to show it off :D)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Without rotors and honda center caps.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.