1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Its already here:

·
Registered
801 Posts
I am considering this purchase, but probably not until after Christmas. Just curious if the exhaust tips could be made available in black, as I have blacked out all my chrome.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I like it. Love the way Rocky drives/rides, but wish it sounded a little “truckier” I blame it on my teen years driving a 1991 GMC 1500. May purchase for my 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,751 Posts
For about $600 (before tax and labor) you can get the 2021 dual exhaust and retrofit it to your earlier G2 model-years. Hoping that it fits, you have yourself a dual exhaust, without any fancy SS stuff that Brian offers.

Besides, Brian has done deeper explanation on ROC about his deigns.

·
Registered
14 Posts
For about $600 (before tax and labor) you can get the 2021 dual exhaust and retrofit it to your earlier G2 model-years. Hoping that it fits, you have yourself a dual exhaust, without any fancy SS stuff that Brian offers.

Besides, Brian has done deeper explanation on ROC about his deigns.
Does the 21+ tips clear the 17-20 bumper?

·
Registered
2021 Ridgeline Sport
998 Posts
I'm waiting for dyno results, and besides, they aren't available for 21 models either.

214 Posts
Nothing for the 21 at this time. As you owners of the 21 know, your rear bumper is different, it has cutouts for the tips. We made this for the 2017-2020 that does not have those bumper cutouts. Thus, we would need to make a version for the 21 that is made for your bumper, very doable, but that would be second version of the kit down the road from now once a lot more of the 21 are on the road, etc.

214 Posts
No thanks, sounds like one of those coffee-can mufflers............................
Nope, it really doesn't.....not even close.

I am not some 20 year old kid that wants that sort of thing. I am a guy in middle 50s and I wanted a little more sporty and fun sounds from the V6 but I live in the very nice Sunset Cliffs area of San Diego and don't want to piss off the neighbors as I leave early every day. Thus, we went for fun and sporty but refined. My neighbor is a Doctor and leaves for the office about when I do....and his bone stock Ford Raptor is louder on startup and driving out than my Ridgeline with this exhaust.

My wife just picked up the Ridgeline after I dropped off my race car at the shop after weekend SCCA fun. I asked her to go around the block, here is reality in the quiet mode with the secondary muffler installed, most folks walking down the street would not even guess it wasn't stock unless they really knew the 2017-2020 Ridgeline well. I asked her to accelerate past me, she really didn't but still you can tell it is pretty mild as she cruises past....

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
……and I doubt that raptor has a “straight-thru” free flowing exhaust.🤷‍♂️

214 Posts
Towed one of my race cars to the shop today. Had a bunch of folks ask what happens when we tow with this exhaust. The answer is: nothing. The reason is the Helmholtz chamber is tuned for max efficiency in the range of rpms you will be towing. I did a brief sample of sound while getting on the freeway, notice how calm things get when I reach freeway speed and let up on the gas. This is in the quieter mode, secondary muffler installed. I can still hear it for sure, more sound than stock for sure, but pretty mild with the two mufflers and the Helmholtz chamber all in there.

Wife and Pup and the Ridgeline. My trailer and this car about 4000 pounds.

And here is getting on the freeway while towing (you might notice that's my puppy's head under my elbow in the video).

214 Posts
I just installed mine today , and i have to say job well done , this was designed well, built well . Great exhaust, gives you that sporty note when you want it and nice and quite when you need it to be nice and quite , Brian i would have to say that you nailed it
Big Thanks to you Felixm79!

Love that you took the time to both step up as an early adopter...and shared your feedback with us here today!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Towed one of my race cars to the shop today. Had a bunch of folks ask what happens when we tow with this exhaust. The answer is: nothing. The reason is the Helmholtz chamber is tuned for max efficiency in the range of rpms you will be towing. I did a brief sample of sound while getting on the freeway, notice how calm things get when I reach freeway speed and let up on the gas. This is in the quieter mode, secondary muffler installed. I can still hear it for sure, more sound than stock for sure, but pretty mild with the two mufflers and the Helmholtz chamber all in there.

And here is getting on the freeway while towing (you might notice that's my puppy's head under my elbow in the video).

Thank you for doing this Brian. This was my big concern and this answered it. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
21 Platinum White Sport
267 Posts

what wheels? Almost look like some BBS I used to have or possibly enkei?

·
Registered
21 Platinum White Sport
267 Posts
Reactions: MattH
1 - 20 of 37 Posts